how to fit two mini usb cables into one mini usb Go Pro port

Reaction score
I decided to fully set up my Phantom 2 with my FPV kit from Kumbacam and my Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal.

First of all I do not want to open my Phantom in any way.. I just do not feel comfortable doing that as I am worried I might damage something.
Keeping that in mind I have a couple of questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOoU-RftvV8
The Zenmuse: see here after 0:56 "Connect connection cable with camera mini USB port" - this is the connecting of the video output board connector to the mini USB port on my Go Pro hero3+.

But of course I have to connect the FPV screen also to the Go Pro's USB mini port as seen here after 0:55 http://kumbacam.com/Basic-FPV-Monitor-Kit .

There is only one USB mini port on the Go Pro... so how am I supposed to fit both cables there?

Do I need a port hub which I plug into the Go pro and then it has two USB mini ports on the other end?

What role exactly has the video output board connector on the Zenmuse have? (has it to do with the anti interference board?) Do I need it plugged in as I first and foremost need the video output from the antenna to be connected to the Go Pro for the image to appear on my FPV screen?

2)
for bonus points.. ;-)
Does the Zenmuse anti-interference board need to absolutely on the bottom of the body.. The FPV battery and the antenna are that big that the anti interference board won't fit there as well, but the board is small enough to fit on the side right by the bottom of the body. Will it do its job just as competently there?

Hopefully you can navigate my way out of this one..

Re: how to fit two mini usb cables into one mini usb Go Pro

you really do need to get it opened up. If you don't feel confident about doing it yourself take it to a local rc shop & see if they'll fit it for you. The anti-interference board has mounting points already for it inside the Phantom

you need a lead to take the video signal straight from the zemuse & send it too your transmitter. If you can get the right lead your transmitter should be powered by the main battery as well so no need for an additional one, yes you'll get more current drain on the battery but the extra weight of an extra battery will have worse effects

Just for info I tried flying with the interference boad and without and there was no difference, I.e. no interference on video. Your mileage may vary of course.

Thank you "fandango" I have looked at installment videos and it doesn't look too tricky putting the anti-interference board inside the Phantom .. so I will make an attempt to do that..

The problem I will still have is what to do with the the video output connector that is supposed to go into the usb mini port on the Go Pro...

see here:

http://www.dropshots.com/Arngrimur/date/2014-08-08/06:11:57

and where it is coming out from the back of the gimbal... and connects on the right side of the image to the Go Pro. http://www.dropshots.com/Arngrimur/date/2014-08-08/06:11:58

I need the usb mini port on the Go Pro for the video cable that comes with my FPV kit to channel footage to my screen. There is only one port, but two usb mini cables that need to be fitted..

You'll need to use the USB plug on the gimbal itself (attached to the little ribbon cable). This will feed the video though the gimbal and up to the Phantom's mainboard. From there, the video and power can be passed on to an FPV setup like yours.

To tap in to that video/power output for your Kumbacam setup, you'll need their "plug-n-play adaptor" for the P2+Zenmuse: http://kumbacam.com/DJI-Phantom-Accesso ... duct_id=73

The USB plug you have with your current Kumbacam kit is for those who are using some gimbal other than the Zenmuse, other models don't have the video passthrough like DJI's.

Thank you so much, "OI Photography"! Much appreciated. This saves one more headache albeit another expense. But great news!

When I did this, I got their (Kumbacam's) PnP cable (no noticeable decrease in battery life - maybe a minute or two). After that, I left the anti-interference board where it was originally mounted (though apparently, DJI now recommends mounting it inside?). All the cables reached, and no soldering was needed. Simply plug the P2's gimbal cable into the Kumbacam board, the output from that into the anti-interference board, and the output from that remains plugged into the gimbal. Then, use the PnP adapter for the remaining connection per Kumbacam's instructions.

The USB connection on the GoPro remains the same (GoPro USB into the gimbal's USB plug/ribbon).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik