How to enable course lock and home lock?

HOG

Reaction score
Hi guys.

After five hours of frustration I have come to a halt. Does any one know how or switch on IOC (course lock and home lock) on a Mac. The look of Assistant software is different for macs compared to ( a friend's PC) and on my Mac there is no button to enable IOC or at least I can't find it. Can any any one help a grounded Phantom pilot please.

Go into the assistant and enable NazaM mode as suggested above. The documentation doesn't make it clear but the switches for IOC, ATTI and Manual/failsafe don't do anything in Phantom mode.

Thanks for the swift response! Ok, so I am on line looking at the Phantom 2 (not vision) Assistant software on the Mac and there is nothing here which says NAZA mode. Where exactly is that located? Are you referring to the Mac software, not the PC software?

HOG said:
Thanks for the swift response! Ok, so I am on line looking at the Phantom 2 (not vision) Assistant software on the Mac and there is nothing here which says NAZA mode. Where exactly is that located? Are you referring to the Mac software, not the PC software?

I was puzzled by this too and, if I remember rightly, there's a tab that says 'Phantom' on it and if you click it, it changes to 'NAZA'

That was with the Vision on the PC but I don't see why it should be all that different on a P2 or on the MAC

Hope this helps anyway

Peter. Thank you so much for this reply. Found the tab, but there was nothing there to suggest there was anything beyond the tab to go to. The Phantom is a great product but the supporting information is simply not good enough. What DJI need to do is redraft the manual in plain English, removing all the ambiguities due to poor translation and to make it idiot proof (especially for people not too familiar with computers like me). I volunteer for the job!

Thanks for your help

M

My quess is that you need Phantom RC Assistant, which currently is available only for Windows. Change to stick mode 1? (No, I have not done that, yet...)

Attachments

• RC_main_20131231.JPG
    RC_main_20131231.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 628
No, I have a Mac, so can't download the Windows version. If i do need a PC just for the Tx upgrade that's asking a bit much of customers don't you think? Anyway, you would have thought DJI would have pointed this out on their web site. Have they, or have I missed that note???

Ps - the Mac version of the Assistant software looks different and does not have all the selection options shown on the Windows version above!

HOG said:
Ps - the Mac version of the Assistant software looks different and does not have all the selection options shown on the Windows version above!

There is:

For Windows
Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.08
Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.0

For Mac
Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.08

See, what's missing?

I understand it's frustrating for a Mac user that RC Assistant does not exist. If you surf this forum around you'll find a number of discussions about the same matter and some advice how to run Win software on Mac.

Ok, thanks. But, again you would have thought DJI would have pointed this out. Not a good service!

HOG said:
Peter. Thank you so much for this reply. Found the tab, but there was nothing there to suggest there was anything beyond the tab to go to. M

No, exactly. I found that it switched from one to the other just by accident (I was clicking on every frigging thing I could click on as if I was trying to kill it. Almost broke my mouse!).

Glad it worked :)

Thank you all for your really helpful and amazingly quick replies. I have not found out what to do thanks to you. The lesson here is that DJI need to write better, less ambiguous manuals and get a better translator who really knows the English language. Well that's my view/excuse.

Presumably there will be RC assistant software for Mac (only) users sometime soon otherwise how do they expect us to update the transmitters?

Oops! That should. Have said 'I have found out what to do.....' Silly me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik