How to crash?

Reaction score
Most stopid topic ever?:D
Well actually, i owned a ar drone and i made it crash so many times....
I lost control causing it to go crash into something.
A little wind gust took it and made it flip.
Motor failures...
Motherboard failures...

I want to know if i will have a better experience with a phantom vision.
If i spin the controls like crazy in wind...if it then will stay up. Ofcource i will hold myself true to the max recommended speed and wind speed.
I want to know if there is actually ways to make it crash...without object collision ofcource and when not flying in high winds.

Descending rapidly without moving left/right/forward/backward causes that vortex issue and it will drop like a rock.

kydan said:
Descending rapidly without moving left/right/forward/backward causes that vortex issue and it will drop like a rock.
what? so decending without any other action will cause it to crash?
Can someone confirm? That would actually be stopid xD

How to crash?.... I suspect the easiest way would be to take the craft to a high altitude and hover until the battery runs out. However, this is not a fullproof method, as auto land and RTH could conceivably prevent it from crashing.

Another more likely scenario that would work is high speed lateral flying into objects like trees or perhaps the side of a cliff or mountain... There would be no interference from the automatic recovery systems built into the phantom with this method.. For those interested in this thread and wish to try these or other methods... Please let us know how well they work!

I personally like the idea of flying WITHOUT crashing.. But hey,... I'm a rookie.. What do i know!

Lol
The Rookie

"Descending rapidly"
if you choose manuel mode at least 1 m above the ground, you can crash easily. I did it yesterday:(

borgqueenx said:
kydan said:

It's basic physics that affects real helicopters. If the air flow is going up through the blades rather than down then it has no lift.

It's worth reading up on the physics of how a real helicopter flies, might crash less.

Everyone always writes this to come down but also go left/right etc. but no matter what I do, my phantom will only come straight down. I can hit left/righ etc and it won't respond when descending...

Andyman33 said:
Everyone always writes this to come down but also go left/right etc. but no matter what I do, my phantom will only come straight down. I can hit left/righ etc and it won't respond when descending...

When I descend I already have momentum in one direction and then start bringing it down. If I need to lose a lot of hit fairly quickly then I'll come down in a long slow spiral motion, but never too quickly, and never pull the left stick all the way down.

edit: typo

DanCH said:
borgqueenx said:
kydan said:

It's basic physics that affects real helicopters. If the air flow is going up through the blades rather than down then it has no lift.

It's worth reading up on the physics of how a real helicopter flies, might crash less.
So no failsave for maximum decend or something?
So when landing i should hold the decend stick only slightly down?

Most reliable way to crash is trying to impress friends and showing off your awesome new quod while they are gathered around gawking in anticipation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyshasta said:
Most reliable way to crash is trying to impress friends and showing off your awesome new quod while they are gathered around gawking in anticipation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think you're right mate :p

Noooo... best way to crash is my method. Find a F@ck off great big metal sign and fly right the hell into the back of it :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kWceqYuneY[/youtube]

Sersiously though the descent issue is what trips many up. As others have stated just treat it like a plane a little and give yourself a glideslope back to where you are landing. By which that means lowering the thrust and using the pitch/roll (the right stick!) to guide it down. Descent drops are worse still if you are running side mounted batterys.

Other thing to remember is that you will be very lucky never to crash at all... the Phantom is pretty **** tough. Bare in mind the only damage caused in the above vid was 2 props and a gimbal bracket! :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20