How to control the 3 axis gimbal?

Reaction score
I just got my DSLpro's 3 axis gimbal and I'm trying to figure out how to control it.
Looking at the P2 controller, it's pretty limited on what I can use to control the camera ptz. Just the P2!
How would y'all control the camera? Buy a new controller with a bunch of control outputs for both equipment?

What control do you want? Generally, you can use the P2 controller to control the camera pitch (up & down movement). The roll is usually always level to the horizon. For yaw, you rotate the P2, and the yaw motor on the gimbal is there to help smooth the action. To control the pitch, you need the add-on lever for the controller.

Thanks CityZen.
How would I configure my stock transmitter? All switches and pots are all used. Correct?

Thanks. Is there a pot inside the OEM transmitter? It looks like you drill a hole and "somehow" connect the lever shaft to the inside PC board. Is that right?

Yes, there's already a pot and a hole. Just look at the back of your transmitter (or pictures if you don't have one yet).

COOL! I just need this lever tied into the controller PCB. No mods to the receiver? That will give me tilt. Correct? The other 2 axis? Is it possible in the stock transmitter? I might be pushing my luck. :)

What other 2? The stock transmitter can control 7 channels. The 4 from the sticks, the 2 from the switches, and the 7th channel from the pot on the board.

That makes more sense. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.