How to choose a drone?

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a newbie to this forum, i know little about the drone. But i love
photography, and i want to take a photograph by the drone. I saw many people to this, it is so cool ! Such as this:
aG0Ud4a.jpg

Does anyone has some good advices about how to choose to nice drone?

Please give us some more details -- like:
  • Are you interested in purchasing a Phantom or just a drone in general?
  • Where are you planning to fly?
  • How far do you need to fly?
  • Do you need to shoot 4K video?
  • What kind of budget do you have in mind?

also chosen a drone stay on long enough when someone is helping so you can answer back geez

Please give us some more details -- like:
  • Are you interested in purchasing a Phantom or just a drone in general?
  • Where are you planning to fly?
  • How far do you need to fly?
  • Do you need to shoot 4K video?
  • What kind of budget do you have in mind?
Well, many thanks!
1.I am interested in purchasing a drone in general
2. I planning to fly in a public park
3. 500m
4. I need a shoot 4k video
5. No budget

Last edited:
Flying a drone from the worlds most popular manufacturer DJI, the Phantom 3, is easy to manipulate with practice. Ah, but there is a learning curve with your understanding the wonderful user friendly parameters and its various limitations too...
Please download the PDF manuals and get acquainted thoroughly.
Make a conscientious and educated drone purchase.
By asking questions here, you probably already know we will recommend a Phantom 3 Advanced or the Professional model. Is 2.7K video adequate, or would you like rich 4K video? Do you already have a fast computer that can work with those large files?
What do you want to accomplish, photographically besides elevated selfies...?

RedHotPoker

Flying a drone from the worlds most popular manufacturer DJI, the Phantom 3, is easy to manipulate with practice. Ah, but there is a learning curve with your understanding the wonderful user friendly parameters and its various limitations too...
Please download the PDF manuals and get acquainted thoroughly.
Make a conscientious and educated drone purchase.
By asking questions here, you probably already know we will recommend a Phantom 3 Advanced or the Professional model. Is 2.7K video adequate, or would you like rich 4K video? Do you already have a fast computer that can work with those large files?
What do you want to accomplish, photographically besides elevated selfies...?

RedHotPoker
Thanks for your reply!

When you ponder the choices and answer a few pertinent questions, with serious consideration to some of those questions for yourself, it will be much easier for you, to make an educated selection.
The ultimate decision is yours, so you must decide what you desire, and to accomplish with it.

RedHotPoker

When you ponder the choices and answer a few pertinent questions, with serious consideration to some of those questions for yourself, it will be much easier for you, to make an educated selection.
The ultimate decision is yours, so you must decide what you desire, and to accomplish with it.

RedHotPoker
Thanks for your reply haven't seen anything come from trying to help he needs to answer

He did answer some of the questions above after editing his response.

Sometimes these sort of threads are just folly.
Time may tell us... Or not. Haha

Mysterious quandries. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Well, many thanks!
1.I am interested in purchasing a drone in general
2. I planning to fly in a public park
3. 500m
4. I need a shoot 4k video
5. No budget
The Phantom 3 Pro' is a very adequate machine, and it won't let you down. Get it. ;-)
Be sure the smart device you choose, be it Android or iOS, has plenty of processing power for the power hungry Go app.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: flpholt
@flpholt, I think you were seen flying your large pumpkin above Montreal...? ;-)

Or One of your friends... Haha

RedHotPoker

@flpholt, I think you were seen flying your large pumpkin above Montreal...? ;-)

Or One of your friends... Haha

RedHotPoker
that is really strange did anyone figure out what it is

A UFO taking a selfie? Haha

RedHotPoker

is it me or does it seem like pulling teeth
Yup, like surgery on tough deep rooted Wisdom teeth, with trusty Frank Zappa's zircon encrusted tweezers. ;-)
While playing Yankee Doodle Dandy. Ha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1