How to check for safe flying altitude?

Reaction score
Any body know how to make sure you are flying above a minimum safe altitude ?

I have a tip: Check the horizon to see any tree tops or building tops are above it, if not, you are safe at this altitude.

yali said:
I have a tip: Check the horizon to see any tree tops or building tops are above it, if not, you are safe at this altitude.

+1 - This is what I do. Go staight up, pan around, reset Home Point at the altitude when I am above everything.

I've heard of doing this before, but I'm not understanding go figure how exactly do you set home point after liftoff can someone please explain this. Phantom 2

yawnalot29 said:
That's a great idea. I think I'll make that part of my standard flight check.

Have you test it out? I saw these discussion here:

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5320

Check out the 2nd post.

Yes it works fine. Whatever altitude you are at when you set, during a Failsafe/RTH the Phantom will climb to that altitude + 20 meters. If you are at or above that altitude + 20 meters, she will maintain her current altitude during Failsafe/RTH. You just hover at the spot & altitude you want to set, then you toggle S2 FIVE times. The rear lights will respond with a rapid green flash when successful. How to toggle S2 depends on whether you are in Vision mode or NAZA mode:

In Vision mode, toggle S2 from Pos 1-3 FIVE times.

In NAZA mode, toggle S2 from Pos 2-3 FIVE times.

(Note, if you are in NAZA mode, but do NOT have IOC enabled, you will have to test which one works)

yali said:
Heh, I've never flown mine anywhere flat enough to have a consistent horizon. Someday I'll have to take it back to the midwest and see what it's like to fly without obstacles...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4