How to change phantom name with dji

Reaction score
On flight records.. My phantom is named p3. Does anyone know how I can change that name?

I'd like to know this too, as mine had a previous owner..

I've searched the forums - little info - other than somebody suggesting contacting DJI. This is my last resort as I don't want to get wound up by their lack of reply.

Go into the 'me' tab on the bottom right of the app. Then when you get into that screen, it shows your name. Tap on your name, then in the top right corner is an edit button. This allows you to enter a name.
Then go back to records, the new name should be visible. Hope that helps. :)

Go into the 'me' tab on the bottom right of the app. Then when you get into that screen, it shows your name. Tap on your name, then in the top right corner is an edit button. This allows you to enter a name.
Then go back to records, the new name should be visible. Hope that helps. :)
That is for your user name and not the vehicle name

Righto. Not sure how to change the crafts name then. I don't even recall naming mine other than that name. Do you do this while registering? If so, how do you register? And where can I check the vehicles current name?

the first time you connect go app with the p3 (i just did it with a new one) you are asked to register the product, begin the 1 year warranty period, and customize the equipment (name of the p3, controller type, functions to the buttons on the back). but i have no idea how to change the p3 name once its been registered.

Ok thank you. Now I remember, yes I did name my Phantom 3. I realised that by actually going into the individual flight record itself and seeing the Drone's name in the top left corner.
Yep, and not sure how to change it either.

It can't be changed. For whatever reason my P3P got registered with a name of "Inspire 1". I think it's because I had a early P3P and when I registered it the first time it never asked me for a name or it detected it as an Inspire 1 and I missed seeing where to change the name. Later versions of the Pilot App made it clearer as far as naming during registration so my P3A is named "P3 Advanced". I figured if I ever sold it the buyer wouldn't want something named JimBob (that's not my real name just saying).

I was chatting with DJi support about another issue early on and asked them if I could rename that P3P, they said nope sorry. So I left it at that.

I bought my P3 brand new , sealed box. I did the first update and bla bla bla, but the app never asked for registration or name . Did I do anything wrong? What about the warranty?

I purchased a Phantom 3 Adv/Pro aircraft only to use a "practice flyer" and it has a different name on it. I bought it new and was never prompted to register it like I did with my P3A. It seems unreasonable that the name cannot be updated, what happens if you sell one?

ya, so really from now on just name your craft whatever it is, like "Phantom 3 Advanced" or "Inspire 1" etc. That way when you sell it someone doesn't end up with "Your Name" as the crafts name.

Reactions: feorr2
No idea how my p3 got named inspire 1.. Oh well, would have been good to be able to pick a name..

No idea how my p3 got named inspire 1.. Oh well, would have been good to be able to pick a name..

hmmmm mine is also called inspire 1

have they fixed this yet? can you change the craft name yet? it says in the app choose name for the inspire 1 craft, but there is no option as far as I can see to actually do it

I'm going to be experimenting with this next week. Im buying a p3 advanced that needs a new board which I have. Im going to be making a copy of the data on the 2gb sd card thats in the main board to see if its possible to get around being able to downgrade from 1.5 to 1.4 too at the same time because thats my main interest. Luckily the new board I have is at version 1.19 so I have a bit of wiggle room to mess around with firmware upgrades. I'll let you know how I get on or if its even possible at all.

Reactions: Oso and Fplvert

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub