How to bind DX6i to P2 via Lightbridge

Reaction score
I have installed Lightbridge on my P2 (H3-2D) and the air and ground station are paired correctly and transmitting/ receiving video.

All I have on hand as a radio is my Spektrum DX6i which DJI says will work with Lightbridge. However I cant get the Phantom 2 Assistant Software to register any inputs from my DX6i.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The connections are:
LB ground station connected to android tablet through USB.
LB ground station connected to Dx6i through trainer plug.
P2 connected to my laptop through mini USB.

In addition to the suggestions on the other thread, it might be worth trying to bind the Spektrum directly to the P2 via radio to see if it can establish control. That way you can see whether the Spektrum is incorrectly configured for the P2 or whether the LB ground unit is just unable to recognize it.

There is at least one report on another forum of the LB ground unit being unable to recognize the controller. That unit apparently won't charge either.

sar104 said:
In addition to the suggestions on the other thread, it might be worth trying to bind the Spektrum directly to the P2 via radio to see if it can establish control. That way you can see whether the Spektrum is incorrectly configured for the P2 or whether the LB ground unit is just unable to recognize it.

There is at least one report on another forum of the LB ground unit being unable to recognize the controller. That unit apparently won't charge either.

How would you "bind the Spektrum directly to the P2 via radio" if there is no receiver other than the LB air unit?

shaunmed said:
sar104 said:

How would you "bind the Spektrum directly to the P2 via radio" if there is no receiver other than the LB air unit?

OK - I didn't realize that you had already removed the stock receiver in the P2. You would have to reconnect it to try direct binding, but if you are just doing a ground test then that's just a matter of a couple of connections to the Naza - no need to reattach the board. Then do the radio binding procedure as usual.

sar104 said:
shaunmed said:
sar104 said:

OK - I didn't realize that you had already removed the stock receiver in the P2. You would have to reconnect it to try direct binding, but if you are just doing a ground test then that's just a matter of a couple of connections to the Naza - no need to reattach the board. Then do the radio binding procedure as usual.

I never had a Spektrum receiver. I had the dx6i for another quad and used it with the P2 when I got the LB. Previously I flew the P2 with its own radio.

sar104 said:
Right, but I would expect that the Spektrum will talk direct to the the stock P2 receiver just fine. The Futaba certainly does.

Oh i see what youre saying. I didnt think of that. I thought you had to have a spektrum receiver.

shaunmed said:
sar104 said:
Right, but I would expect that the Spektrum will talk direct to the the stock P2 receiver just fine. The Futaba certainly does.

Oh i see what youre saying. I didnt think of that. I thought you had to have a spektrum receiver.

No - it should work. Before I had the LB I used the Futaba radio, but left the P2 stock rather than install the Futaba receiver.

i'll give it a try but i hsould say i just popped $500 for a 14SG. this hobby is getting expensive.

OK, people above don't understand what it is that you are trying to do.
You are trying to send the control signals down the Lightbridge rather than use the airwaves with your Spektrum or Futaba radio yes?

OK, ground end of the LB should connect to the radio via the trainer port. Air end should connect to the Phantom's X2 port which should be set to DBUS in the assistant.

Spektrum cannot bind to the stock Phantom 2 receiver by the way. Only Futaba, but this isn't what you are trying to do.

rilot said:
OK, people above don't understand what it is that you are trying to do.
You are trying to send the control signals down the Lightbridge rather than use the airwaves with your Spektrum or Futaba radio yes?

OK, ground end of the LB should connect to the radio via the trainer port. Air end should connect to the Phantom's X2 port which should be set to DBUS in the assistant.

Spektrum cannot bind to the stock Phantom 2 receiver by the way. Only Futaba, but this isn't what you are trying to do.

Incorrect - "people" above understand completely what he is trying to do, and have done it themselves. Try reading the entire thread before commenting. Thanks for clarifying on the compatibility of the Spektrum with the stock RX though.

EDIT: to be fair this is a continuation of a conversation in a different thread, so may not be clear to you if you just dropped in.

http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12636&start=10#p142458

I want to say that I'm very appreciative for all your help and I'll keep you informed on my progress. I hope to receive the 14sg in a couple of days.

So, even though DJI says the DX6i is supported it does not work? Also, is the lightbridge assistant only for windows? I can't find a mac download? Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers