How to adjust tilt of Zenmuse H3-2D on Phantom w/new board

Reaction score
Just installed Zenmuse H3-2D on my Phantom with the upgraded board kit. Everything works fine except the default angle/tilt of the camera is level (0 deg.) and can tilt upwards about 45 degrees. This tilt is useless to me as I would never want to view up. I tried changing the MAX, Center and MIN in the Gimbal Server Travel Limit in DJI Naza Assistant Software and got nowhere.

Since Im not using the included GCU due to the upgraded board kit, I cannot connect to the DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Assistant, as this appears to allow me adjust the Tilt - actually, not sure if that's what it's for.

I tried adjusting the control knob on the transmitter but this did not work either. Can anyone provide some assistance?

Octavious

Re: How to adjust tilt of Zenmuse H3-2D on Phantom w/new boa

Never mind. The X1 Calibration in the Assistant software resolved this issue. Now able to adjust tilt according.

I just got mine and the tilt control leaver does't work. If I use a screwdriver it does but not the DJI tilt control lever. Very disappointing, anyone else experiencing this?

DaveBerry said:
I just got mine and the tilt control leaver does't work. If I use a screwdriver it does but not the DJI tilt control lever. Very disappointing, anyone else experiencing this?

Are you saying, you installed the DJI lever on the back of the TX and it doesn't control the tilt, but if you open the back of the TX and turn the pot with a screwdriver it does? Sounds like your aluminum control rod isn't engaging the "X" on the pot. Are you sure the case is lined up and closed completely? If it's out of alignment when you put the back on or there's a gap at all, the rod won't be long enough to engage the pot.

I just installed the upgrade board and Zenmuse as well last night and here is what i got ::

Zenmuse either tils all the way up or all the way down
If i open the transmitter and adjust manually same issue
From lever control same issue

sometimes when the lever is able to make it move at all it is very delayed and still either all the way up or all the way down.

Did you calibrate the X1 channel in the NAZA Assistant? Until you do that, there's no telling what sort of movement you'll get. Connect to NAZA Assistant over USB, find the Calibrate button for the X1 channel, click it, and turn the pot all the way through its travel range a couple times back and forth. That should fix things.

The delay is normal if it's just a second or two.

Are there a way to set the min. and max. tilt on the zenmuse? ...
I do feel that the max. tilt will point to mush into the body of the phantom
... would have been better to stop it leveling the horizon .. (at about 90% of max.)

I haven't found a way yet. I've just noted the point on my Futaba 8FG dial (just at the centre beep) that it's a fraction below centre, so that's where it go back to after changing it. Will have to suffice until FPV.

hihagen said:
Are there a way to set the min. and max. tilt on the zenmuse? ...
I do feel that the max. tilt will point to mush into the body of the phantom
... would have been better to stop it leveling the horizon .. (at about 90% of max.)

Same problem here. It's tilting toward 30 deg up but i want just 0 level and 90 down.. How can i fix this???

Re: Gimbal Tilt Doesn't respond

Stabilizing works great.
The tilt doesn't respond. I just points straight down and when the lever is moved It will tilt to the up side with no in between.

I have the software assistant installed and all is upgraded.
DJI Zenmuse_H3_2D Assistant 1.02 - Does not respond
I have the PMU version 2.

One connector was left orphaned

Can you help
Thanks,

Not the best of solution....but I too hate that there is no control to set the max. upward movement of the tilt angle. What I have done is cut a plastic wedge that sets/restricts the limit and am using double sided tape to hold it in place. It works fairly well. I wish DJI would do a better job at addressing these issues prior to release of their products.

I have found the zen is really slow to respond to stick movements. And fine adjustments are virtually impossible. Where am I going wrong?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers