How to add movement to drone video while editing

You do it in the editing software. How you do it will be different in different apps. I edit on a PC and have found Filmora X to be the right balance of features and ease of learning/using for me. Zoom in/out and pan left/right is simple, and there are lots of good YouTube videos for tutoring.

There's an inverse relationship between ease of use and features -- more powerful features will be a steeper learning curve. I've found video editing to be a "hill for a stepper" in general, so give yourself plenty of time the first time out with a new editing app.

There are a ton of different video editing apps from free to $$$, and note that free is not always simple or low in features. Everyone who replies is likely to have a different recommendation for which app to use and which operating system (Windows or iOS) is better.

I've found one of the niceties in Filmora is the ease of extracting a high res photo from the video stream and the ease of adding a photo into the video timeline. Gives lots of creative flexibility.

Hope this helps get you started. Regards................... R

Of course if you have zoom camera capability in the drone, you can start there. I don't, so I have to use editing. Panning with the drone is trivial, just pan SLOWLY to get usable video. Of course panning with the drone captures new views, but panning in editing can only move from one side of the image to another side of the same image.

You can always speed up and slow down the playback clip in editing, but slowing a playback won't clear up a pan recorded with too-fast movement.

It's best if you put your drone in tripod mode or jst dial your sensitivty down on your controller but if you have to do it after the fact take your 4k footage and set your project up as 1080. Punch in on a point in your footage so that you have space to pan any direction or you can zoom out slowly.

Of course if you have zoom camera capability in the drone, you can start there. I don't, so I have to use editing. Panning with the drone is trivial, just pan SLOWLY to get usable video. Of course panning with the drone captures new views, but panning in editing can only move from one side of the image to another side of the same image.

You can always speed up and slow down the playback clip in editing, but slowing a playback won't clear up a pan recorded with too-fast movement.
I use FCPX and the image stabilization you can apply works surprisingly well. Within reason.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20