How stupid am I?

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Apparently very stupid. I decided to do some flying on the golf course behind my house. I love in Florida so altitude is not an issue. Set it for 120 feet. Flew about 5 minutes in bright sunshine. It is a little hilly here in Clermont. Never gave it much thought. What a dumb ***. Suddenly I lost signal. In a panic I hit return home. Way too late for that move. I drove all over looking for my drone. Finally I stopped and reviewed the flight. I watched the video first. It flew right into the top of a tree. I checked the gps. When to that spot. It was not in the tree. I asked the guys mowing if they could find it for a reward. 5 minutes later they handed it to me. Not a mark on it and the camera was still ok. It fell 50 feet onto a hedge next to a house and dropped behind the hedge. Who's a lucky boy? I will not make that mistake again. Never out of sight. Lesson learned.

How did you hit a tree didn't you see that through the camera ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How did you hit a tree didn't you see that through the camera ?

Cameras do not peripheral vision and course if it's flying backwards guess what.

In reviewing the data, yes I was flying backwards. It was a very bright day. Hard to see the tab. Sun shade is useless. I was just careless.

Apparently very stupid. I decided to do some flying on the golf course behind my house. I love in Florida so altitude is not an issue. Set it for 120 feet. Flew about 5 minutes in bright sunshine. It is a little hilly here in Clermont. Never gave it much thought. What a dumb ***. Suddenly I lost signal. In a panic I hit return home. Way too late for that move. I drove all over looking for my drone. Finally I stopped and reviewed the flight. I watched the video first. It flew right into the top of a tree. I checked the gps. When to that spot. It was not in the tree. I asked the guys mowing if they could find it for a reward. 5 minutes later they handed it to me. Not a mark on it and the camera was still ok. It fell 50 feet onto a hedge next to a house and dropped behind the hedge. Who's a lucky boy? I will not make that mistake again. Never out of sight. Lesson learned.

Well written! Good happy ending! So easily done. Orientation can be mind boggling.

Man I sure hope you didn't hit/hurt Mickey............

Cameras do not peripheral vision and course if it's flying backwards guess what.
I wish I could fly backwards lol I usually fly forward so I see what I'm hitting lol no pain no gain

Reactions: Bryonheath
I wish I could fly backwards lol I usually fly forward so I see what I'm hitting lol no pain no gain

See what happens when we start thinking.

Well I am 71. U would think I would have already learned all those life things. I started flying in the 50's with U control. We built our own planes and added an 049. I think I enjoyed the "Testers Glue" the most. That could explain my actions. How many of u know what I am referring to?

Well I am 71. U would think I would have already learned all those life things. I started flying in the 50's with U control. We built our own planes and added an 049. I think I enjoyed the "Testers Glue" the most. That could explain my actions. How many of u know what I am referring to?

LOL.
And "dope" was paint.

Why fly backwards? Fly forwards and reverse your footage in your editing software. Do it relatively slowly and you won't even see your props. If you can record in 2.7 or 4K, you can always crop with no loss down to 1080P.

But most important of all, did you call out...."FORE"?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl