how screwed am I?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I received my phantom 2 with H3-3D last week and have been loving it. I saw a video on youtube from thatHPI guy walking through how to install a FPV system.

I ordered all the parts for the install and dove right in the other day. Here is where it's get bad. I mixed up the red wires from the video transmitter that connect to the phantoms board and as a result I fried the video transmitter. I am using the RC 600mw. I knew that the transmitter was done so I ordered another one. Upon further inspection I found that the connection point on the Phantoms board burned which worries me because that means I will not be able to power the new video transmitter... See photo below. Are my days of doing FPV on this phantom done? Do I need to order another one?

Thanks for the help!

Jonathan

IMG_1269.jpg

You could just wire a fpv system without using the board at all using this cablehttp://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/iosd-mini-gopro-transmitter-cable. This would require you to have a usb cable plugged into the go pro to bypass the board however it is a solution that does not require a new board. You could then solder the power cable of the video transmitter straight to the main power leads on the phantom. This is how I have my fpv system set up because I have a tarot gimbal but it should work with the zenmuse.

This is a pretty common mistake. If you can get the site to work enough, you'll find other threads with the same issue. There is a workaround but I don't know what it is.

Yeah what's up with this site and its errors..?.

Thanks Ian and Dano for the replies. I will check out the link Dan... I feel like such a bone head. I should have double checked my work and saw that he cut the red wires right off the bat. Won't make that mistake again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers