How often to change P2 props

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first post here -- I have been lurking for a while.

A good friend got me into flying with his Phantom 2 V+. I got one myself (P2 V+ 3.0) a couple months ago and was curious if anyone had any guidance on how often props should be changed. Mine is using the 9450. I did try to search this but didn't hit on anything.

Is there a certain number of flight hours after which one is best retiring them and putting on a new set? I always inspect them carefully, before and after flight but I do know that they flex a lot, too. I'd rather change my props than have a crash. :)

Aaron

Still on my first set - six months old 70 plus flights. Just check them for damage and cracks - flex them both directions a feel along the length.

Last edited:
msinger said:
Keeping them balanced is a good practice too.
Others prefer the DuBro:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006N ... RYJTZVBNNJ

And, if you want to save some money, you could just get a balancing rod:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MXD ... WJ3BZI23BF

Balancing the props is an excellent suggestion most of DJI stock props for the most part already balanced at the factory. Occasionally you may find one or two that need balancing but for some reason I have found ccw props needed work more so than cw props

dptcalvin, the SpeedyTM comes with everything in the picture. I bought mine from the same Amazon link.

However, if you get the DuBro, you need to also buy the rod.

msinger said:
dptcalvin, the SpeedyTM comes with everything in the picture. I bought mine from the same Amazon link.

However, if you get the DuBro, you need to also buy the rod.
Ah, k. Just making sure, because one of the reviews for the SpeedyTM reads as follows:

This works grate it dosent come with the plastic thing u put it on to balance woth but I used the top of the gopro container upside down and it worked grate it's kind of pricey gust for a rod but I was reading reviews on the cheep ones and they sounded like crap

.....And Captain_Aaron, welcome to phantom pilots.

dptcalvin, yep, I see it. I bought mine from this same seller in December. And, the description of the item says it includes the "Prop Balancer Base and the Balance Rod". Perhaps the reviewer posted a review on the wrong item or is confused on how to use it? Not sure. It works great for me though.

I am still flying with the orig props. 150+ flights. These props have only touched air. Never a tip over or collision <knock on wood>. Like others have said, I always inspect them visually and feel the edges for cracks. Even flex them a little once in a while. I have a balancing rod, but this set is perfectly balanced out of the box.

Thank you for the feedback everyone! I appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum !
It won't hurt to have a extra set . Give the 9443's a try .

I've got 2 complete sets of replacement 9450s. I like to be prepared :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20