how often should I change transmitter battery? Newb question

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I know this is a super basic question but i don't see much info out there about it. How often do I need to change the aa transmitters batteries. I got my vision last week and have 5 full flights on it. I don't want to waste batteries but certainly don't want to put my phantom at risk. What's a good rule to go by?

Thanks guys!

Re: how often should I change transmitter battery? Newb ques

If it's been a while and the transmitter keeps beeping, it's time to change. :lol:

Durango9595 said:
Hi everyone.

I know this is a super basic question but i don't see much info out there about it. How often do I need to change the aa transmitters batteries. I got my vision last week and have 5 full flights on it. I don't want to waste batteries but certainly don't want to put my phantom at risk. What's a good rule to go by?

Thanks guys!

The Tx has a low batt. alarm.

"Don't see much info out there..."

This is found in the manual and it is strongly recommended and much appreciated if you review it a few times.
It contains the much info you seek.

As a rough guideline, AA alkaline batteries are typically around 2000mAh capacity, and these should last around 20h of usage in the transmitter. I use rechargeables and replace them after about 15h to give a decent margin of error.

Mine just started to beep and flash the controller today, they have been used maybe 3 times a week on average since 1st May.
It has turned quite chilly here which won't have helped.

In short don't worry about them for several weeks.
Have a spare set with you but no need to change them until the unit lets you know.
I expect you could do several further flights if prepared to put up with the beeping.

Your radio controller will also beep after something like 10 minutes without any user input.

Don't mistake this for a low battery alarm :p

Yeah no need to panic if you change your batteries as soon as the remote beeps and let's you know to land and change , you'll be sweet .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20