How often do you calibrate your compass ???

Reaction score
How often do you calibrate your compass ???
From what I read there are people that only do it when needed
People do it every time they go out
People that been out many miles from when they calibrated it a do not do it as not showing it needs to be done
People saying if you do it to often it messes the compass up

What's your view on how often when & where it should be done

Twice since I purchased it in November and about 100+ flights. (That includes the very first calibration out of the box)

I've not seen any symptoms of compass skewing so far, so I'm relying on the built in internal check to notify when when it's needed. I also do a visual hover check on my first flight of the day and a slightly longer check when I go to new places.

1. If I travel a long distance from where it was last calibrated.
2. If I work on the unit with tools which may have magnetic fields, like screwdrivers.

I have had my Phantom 2 Vision since the first of December. I calibrated the compass during initial set up and have had no problems with craft being unstable and not holding a hover pattern. Three weeks ago I traveled to Phoenix from Virginia. Made many flights in Phoenix and Joshua Tree Natl. Park in Ca. No compass problems. Got the green go lights every time before I went airborne. Even flew it in the parking lot across the Holiday Inn, North Phoenix with tall buildings all around and again no problems. The Marketing director from Goodyear observed the flight and immediately sent his staff a photo. They texted him back saying I told you we needed one of those! They are in the process of building three Zephlin craft for sports coverage across the US. and building new hangers for them as well. They want to fly the drones thru the hangers to document their size, because the blimp hangers are much smaller than the zephlins which need new homes. The pilots are training overseas and will need to log in 500 hours of flight time in the US before the FAA gives them approval for US flights. The release for the craft will be sometime this summer. Goodyear makes history again at the tune of 20 million per aircraft!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20