How often do people stop and chat ?

Reaction score
Wow the Phantom really grabs the onlookers. I flew mine for the first time at Ditchling Beacon, a popular Sussex Land Mark. I never really got to fly I was just inundated by people wanting to know all about it. I was happy to explain it all and I know one person went dashing off to try and buy one. If you ever want to meet people just throw one of these things up and chat all day.

Attachments

• IMG_2280.jpg
    IMG_2280.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 511
Yes it does grab attention, I tent to be pretty short with people and leave whenever a crowd gathers. All of the idiotic videos on youtube are pretty disturbing, some guy bouncing his phantom off skyscrapers is just asking for trouble. I usually tell them its a quadcopter with a camera and leave it at that. If they keep pressing for more i then say its an r/c helicopter, trying to be even shorter.then i leave...

these are the same people that show up to your r/c airplane field with a "warbird" after you have told them ten times not to bring it and want you to save them on a buddy box just so they can fly it until they cant.. If they want in the r/c aircraft hobby a phantom is not something you should push on them.

Hi. Talking if goggles .. I have a pv2 what is the best way forward for them . What will work best ?

Any proven suggestions?

Thanks

PETELEEUK said:
Hi. Talking if goggles .. I have a pv2 what is the best way forward for them . What will work best ?

Any proven suggestions?

Thanks

HDMI or some sort of video out to goggle video in.

The few times i had rough landings it was usually because someone is talking to me!
But i would say 99% i fly i get onlookers....

1.It's a quadcopter
2. Very expensive
3.Very High
4.The Internet
5. NO!

sounds about right...

what is it?
how much did it cost?
how high will it go?
can you fly it over a house?
where did you get it?

netphreak said:
http://teespring.com/quadcopter

Too bad it didn't get funded :(

I knew I had seen that somewhere lol

I was tempted to get a few cheap hats or beanies with "Pilot" and "Spotter" sewn on it and or a shirt with "please do not speak to the pilots while flying". I also have some short range HH CB's with ear piece and VOX. Handy for the pilot to keep in contact with spotters at events.

If I'm flying over an empty field I don't mind talking with a person or two, never really drawn a crowd myself tho lol

I mainly attract either mad dogs trying to grab the Phantom. Or local farmers wanting to know if a gun could be fitted to it!! :roll:

fly-catchers said:
I mainly attract either mad dogs trying to grab the Phantom. Or local farmers wanting to know if a gun could be fitted to it!! :roll:

Ever since a dog tried to eat my landing Raptor 50 I cringe when I see any dog. :shock:

My Phantom was a big hit with these primary school kids in Hasankeyf, Turkey.

Not only are people curious, but ... Seagulls, too!

Attachments

• Hasankeyf 2.jpg
    Hasankeyf 2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Tophane 3.jpg
    Tophane 3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 352
Gee I must be the jerk here. I will stop and explain what it is. I try to expain the Hobby and not "push" anyone to buy one. I try to promote the hobby not present it as a bunch of geeks with money playing with their toys. Also I wonder how many who have Phantoms are AMA Members and members of local Flying clubs that invite people out to experience RC flying in a safe manner and environment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20