How much of a stretch would human flight be?

Reaction score
The P2V+ has an incredible power to weight ratio, considering it can go as high as thousands of feet off the ground. It is pretty easy to fly because of the quad design, which is inherently pretty stable if you have computer controlled flight as we do. What if one was designed for human flight? It would be about the size of a car. Blades would have a cage around them. Pilot cage would either be above the blades or below, like our camera. The pilot would have just 2 pistol grips to fly it, just like our remotes. A lot of computer control and gps like our birds. Probably could even fly with rechargeable battery packs. Eventually when it became the popular way to get around they would definitely talk to each other to keep from hitting each other. You could also have automatic flight, where you just put in your destination and it goes there. I think we could develop this for less than a billion dollars and it could be the replacement for cars at some point. Wow, what a future that would be. :idea:

I know I would not let DJI solder the wires or be the support team.

Won't happen for a long long time if at all but still pretty cool.

More of a novelty item for the wealthy.

Hovtech said:
The P2V+ has an incredible power to weight ratio, considering it can go as high as thousands of feet off the ground. It is pretty easy to fly because of the quad design, which is inherently pretty stable if you have computer controlled flight as we do. What if one was designed for human flight? It would be about the size of a car. Blades would have a cage around them. Pilot cage would either be above the blades or below, like our camera. The pilot would have just 2 pistol grips to fly it, just like our remotes. A lot of computer control and gps like our birds. Probably could even fly with rechargeable battery packs. Eventually when it became the popular way to get around they would definitely talk to each other to keep from hitting each other. You could also have automatic flight, where you just put in your destination and it goes there. I think we could develop this for less than a billion dollars and it could be the replacement for cars at some point. Wow, what a future that would be. :idea:

ITS ALREADY BEEN DONE! VLOLOCOPTER VC200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNulEa8LTHI

Coreyk said:
Hovtech said:
The P2V+ has an incredible power to weight ratio, considering it can go as high as thousands of feet off the ground. It is pretty easy to fly because of the quad design, which is inherently pretty stable if you have computer controlled flight as we do. What if one was designed for human flight? It would be about the size of a car. Blades would have a cage around them. Pilot cage would either be above the blades or below, like our camera. The pilot would have just 2 pistol grips to fly it, just like our remotes. A lot of computer control and gps like our birds. Probably could even fly with rechargeable battery packs. Eventually when it became the popular way to get around they would definitely talk to each other to keep from hitting each other. You could also have automatic flight, where you just put in your destination and it goes there. I think we could develop this for less than a billion dollars and it could be the replacement for cars at some point. Wow, what a future that would be. :idea:[/quote

yet to see this fly with somebody in it

ITS ALREADY BEEN DONE! VLOLOCOPTER VC200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNulEa8LTHI

Sounds great until one decides to fly away.... CNN headline... "Family Last Seen Flying North at 3000ft."

I have thought of using a bunch of Toro Weed Wackers and putting props on 'em. Gasoline engine would make for much longer flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik