How much happier would I be replcaing my P3P against a P4?

Reaction score
I have read and watched about the differences P3P - P4 but I'm not that convinced. I mainly use my P3P to shoot landscape and villages. I use mostly the functions POI, Course Lock and occasionally Home Lock (when I'm kind of lost). I can't really see any difference between the video quality from the two. So Is there any idea replace my P3P you think?

The P3P and P4 cameras are nearly identical, so you're not going to see better video quality with the P4. The P4 does come packed with a bunch of other great features/improvements though. Check them out here.

I too tend to take the type of pictures you mention. When I got my Inspire I sold my P3. I regretted it as I found situations where I'd rather fly a smaller drone so I wound up buying a P4.

After several months of flying it, the only feature I find I use thats new to the P4 is the collision avoidance and its not all that important. What it does for me is shooting some landscape or objects, it could be hard for me to tell how close I was to the subject looking at the screen images or visually looking at the drone. The CA lets me know just how close I am and I don't worry about running into the cliff, cabin, tree, etc..

So for me, the difference are marginal and my P3 would have still been serving me just fine...

I have read and watched about the differences P3P - P4 but I'm not that convinced. I mainly use my P3P to shoot landscape and villages. I use mostly the functions POI, Course Lock and occasionally Home Lock (when I'm kind of lost). I can't really see any difference between the video quality from the two. So Is there any idea replace my P3P you think?

I own a Vision+, P3 Pro, P3 Advanced, a pair of P3 Standards, & until last week a P4 (sold to purchase the Mavic). The P4 flew well & was slightly more precise than the P3 birds, IMHO it isn't enough to justify the expense of upgrading from a well-performing P3. My P4 had inferior range to my P3P/A, & battery life was only slightly improved. Video performance is virtually identical. I did not use object avoidance since it limited speed to only 22 mph.

Thanks for your input. Although the list of features and improvements in the first answer is impressing just reading it I think I stay at my P3P for a while more. Unless I run over a nice used P4 which seems to flood the used marked since after the introduction of Mavic. I also come from a FC40 (Heavily modified with gimbal and GoPro),, P2V+V3. The leap from V+ to P3P was significant but as said above it seems a P4 replacement it's maybe not worth the $ or getting used to something new yet again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers