how much % confidence you got in your phantom ?

Reaction score
how much confidence you got in your bird ?
not including trackers, flytrex and stuff. just basic trust that when you take it out it will do as its told AND come back/land where you want it
i think im up in to about 80% trust over 147 flights

where you at ? 1% being none and 100% fully trust it

I'm at 100%. Haven't seen anything odd with my Phantom yet.

Same as any R/C A/C I've ever owned, ~95%.

97% I think it's very durable, reliable, and low maintenance for a hobby grade r/c. I love my little FC40! My master cp on the other hand... :x I only had that thing a couple months or so and already threw over $200 in parts into it. However, I can now say, it's turning into my first frankencopter. Gotta get creative if you wanna save money. :lol:

N017RW said:
Same as any R/C A/C I've ever owned, ~95%.

yeah... pretty similar for me... 95%? It's hard to say because in this kind of hobby, I've always got it in the back of my head something can/will go wrong.

I've had ONE odd thing happen that I would say was anything other than pilot error and that was with the groundstation altitude and relying too heavily on the accuracy of barometric altitude... so there was a pretty big adjustment to the altitude sitting on the ground within the span of a couple of flights. It resulting in me programming a route too low and crashing into some tall grass (no damage - thank goodness)

So in that sense - I would say it didn't operate in the way I expected it to. However - knowing the margin of error for the barometric altitude - I don't cut it so close anymore.

95% here. Quad has worked well since early May. Even at that high rate, I will still not fly it over a group of people or very often over water.

Happyflyer said:
95% here. Quad has worked well since early May. Even at that high rate, I will still not fly it over a group of people or very often over water.

yeah I get weak knees over water LOL

A bit more than in the "old days" of R/C before 2.4GHz and spectrum hopping and all that..... and slightly less because of the complexity of the systems (FPV etc) and reliance on the controller "brain" to do it's complex job..... so back down to about the same as before with other aircraft - 95%

Buckaye said:
Over water = no obstacles = worry free flying
5233-9-XL.jpg

Meta4 said:
Buckaye said:
Over water = no obstacles = worry free flying=YOU CAN'T GET IT BACK IF IT GOES DOWN :shock: :shock:

Pretty high, but it did take a knock over the recent 2312 motor/ESC issues.

I think that some of these could be down to prop stalling (in flight), which eases my concerns because I tend to plod along in GPS mode without too much rapid change in direction.

Good topic. My Vision is about 1 year old now. Close to 200 flights. Confidence level was around 90% until my DJI batterries started to fail. All 4 of them started failing before 40 cycles. Confidence level 0%. Have been buying 3rd party batteries now with good results. (knock on wood). The bird itself has been pretty much error free. Stopped FW and software upgrades with FW 1.08 and app. 1.38. Did quite a few mods to increase video and control range so I'm good with that. IMO if it works good leave it along. Confidence now about 75%.

90% in Phantom P2V+ v3.0(with the "bad" ESCs). Have't had an issue yet at 25 flights.
70% confidence in my flying skills so far. Getting better with every flight.
25% confidence in weather. It's a crapshoot at best and can change in a instant around here.
10% confidence in environment. What you can't see can bring down a bird. Be aware. Check it out first.

100% responsibility for all of the above is mine. Fly safe. Don't take unnecessary risks if you aren't prepared to handle the consequences.

Be a man. Do the right thing - Russel Peters

Very high as well. Over 50 flights since summer. Had VRS once which was my fault. Other than that nothing strange. The only thing that worries me is an ESC failure in flight. I know the batteries will fail one day.

Meta4 said:
Buckaye said:
Over water = no obstacles = worry free flying
5233-9-XL.jpg

Yes... in theory I agree... but as the other poster said - I think it's the idea that if it decides to land, I'd hate the feeling of watching it plunk into the sea.

I'll get over it - because I really LOVE the over water shots and have a nice size lake behind my house...

The Editor said:
Over water = no obstacles = worry free flying=YOU CAN'T GET IT BACK IF IT GOES DOWN :shock: :shock:
Just because you're not flying over water doesn't mean you can get a downed Phantom back.
DJI05923a-XL.jpg

When you develop confidence you lose the fear about what it's flying over.
It's a flying machine and it doesn't care what's under it.
If you only fly in areas where you can retrieve a downed Phantom, you have to work out how to make interesting pictures of your backyard or the local park - that's a challenge.

Meta4 said:
The Editor said:
Just because you're not flying over water doesn't mean you can get a downed Phantom back.
DJI05923a-XL.jpg

When you develop confidence you lose the fear about what it's flying over.
It's a flying machine and it doesn't care what's under it.
If you only fly in areas where you can retrieve a downed Phantom, you have to work out how to make interesting pictures of your backyard or the local park - that's a challenge.

That's how it used to look by my house until they cut almost all the trees down. :cry:

Both places would not be a good place to drop your quad.
Climb tree to get quad?
Put on scuba equipment to get quad?
I'll go up the tree.

Attachments

• silly.jpg
    silly.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 379

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads