How many using naza m?

Since flight #3.

I'm a brand new owner/pilot and fly aways fear me the most. I just want I make sure I gave all bases covered should something go awry

ifinallygota21v said:
I'm a brand new owner/pilot and fly aways fear me the most. I just want I make sure I gave all bases covered should something go awry

Set your S1 switch to fail safe (3 click down), less to worry about, test it a few times, you will gain confidence.

ifinallygota21v said:
Nothing to be worried about. With S1 & S2 in the up position. You have essentially phantom mode. Naza mode just gives you more options to save your UAV should you need it. Just read up & switch when you are ready.

I think the suggestion that new fliers should not turn on Naza mode is well intended, but misplaced.

The main point I think is to protect new fliers (and arguably lots of other fliers) from Manual mode. Naza mode, far from being being a problem for new fliers is their friend. Home Lock got me out of the crap a couple of times in my first few flights. Its a nice thing to have.

Its a pity the nice little card that hangs off the remote control unit doesnt show the Naza lights system, thats my worry for newbies, they wont know what the lights mean and may take off before the quad has properly settled down so to speak.

But as of today and having done at least 20 flights as suggested im switching over to it.

In my opinion NAZA mode's a lot safer. It gives you a lot more options that can get you out of trouble...

-slinger

I like the home lock when the video drops off. I always feel nervous when that happens and it is nice to toggle the switch and bring her back into range.

gcbuss said:
I like the home lock when the video drops off. I always feel nervous when that happens and it is nice to toggle the switch and bring her back into range.
:D
Absolutely right!
As long as you set S1 position 3 to failsafe, there is nothing to fear in changing to naza mode. Just make sure your switches are in position 1 when you take off.

TBH I think dji thinks that we are so stupid to think that if we want to fly in GPS we just have to switch S1 and S2 to the up position and that's it. I mean how difficult can it be? And as you were saying it gives you a more safe flight

Fplvert said:
gcbuss said:
:D
Absolutely right!
As long as you set S1 position 3 to failsafe, there is nothing to fear in changing to naza mode. Just make sure your switches are in position 1 when you take off.
+1 Indeed it is important to avoid accidently swithing to manual-mode as it requires lots and lots of experience to master that.

aartsf said:
Indeed it is important to avoid accidently swithing to manual-mode as it requires lots and lots of experience to master that.
Which is why there needs to be less bravado about going straight to Naza mode. For some novices, it will mean too many things to think about at first.

I fly Naza now, but I'm glad I started with Phantom mode. A couple of times, early on, I knocked S1 or S2 without realizing.

And no, it's not DJI thinking people are stupid.. that's just silly. Imagine all the claims against them from some novices with too many controls to think about.

As Fplvert indicated, s1 position 3 can be programmed as failsave mode instead of manual mode under the Naza mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.