How many phantom 3s are out there

Reaction score
I know this industry is exploding. But really, how many of these DJI PHantom 3 S, A, P's is DJI producing and selling each year. Wow! They will be everywhere soon, especially in the more densely populated areas. I am also a private conventional airplane pilot with 35 years experience., and as rule did not descend below 500 ft over terrains as a general rule of thumb. I thought 500 Meters alt limitation which is over 1500 ft is plenty for a drone, probably too much. The drone is up in the big airplane airspace Above 500 ft AGL. A lot of people can not even see there drone from 500 meters. Be a responsible drone pilot and Know the airspace is Everybody's.

Reactions: Chuck Young
I know this industry is exploding. But really, how many of these DJI PHantom 3 S, A, P's is DJI producing and selling each year. Wow! They will be everywhere soon, especially in the more densely populated areas. I am also a private conventional airplane pilot with 35 years experience., and as rule did not descend below 500 ft over terrains as a general rule of thumb. I thought 500 Meters alt limitation which is over 1500 ft is plenty for a drone, probably too much. The drone is up in the big airplane airspace Above 500 ft AGL. A lot of people can not even see there drone from 500 meters. Be a responsible drone pilot and Know the airspace is Everybody's.

After seeing the news spot on drone registration requirement becoming the law of the land, I think drones will not continue with explosive growth for much longer. It is going to be a pain in the rear not everyone will want to put up with for a toy. And I did word that on purpose. I had already reserved an N number just had not got the rest of it all done when this new rule came out, I am glad to see it happen. I think is will let some know they are playing with the big boys when they choose to take to the air and the FAA will make it impossible to register the thing without at least knowing the 400 foot rule exists. They still may not know exactly how important it is but at least they will know.

Safe flying Newly

chuck

I thought it was a suggested limit, not a rule.

Webster

1 a prescribed guide for conduct or action

Notice I did not call it a "law" I do take it very seriously. Living in the high country of Colorado the collision between my drone above the suggested altitude of 400 feet and a small private plane will most assuredly not end well. Where I fly, airplanes have ZERO flat non-wooded areas to land especially in an emergency. But that is simply my opinion. Most the time I see an aircraft up here it is a Flight-for-Life already.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl