How many p3 crashing?

Reaction score
After 15 hours and 501188 meters distance and total 105 flights my p3a dropped down, gimbal broke and few small cracks on sheld. The engines started to have a life that I couldn't control for 10 sec, I was on 47 m altitude and 100 m away. I was just going to check how's the landscape around me, planned to fly 1-2 min,started with 38 % and it crashes with 37% of battery. **** happens of course!
But I can't stop thinking of how many % of all p3 crashing, of course the majority of all p3 will crash son or later but what I reed in this community I get a feeling that the general time before crash is weary short for a p3...
I am a ultralight pilot and even a **** Rotax 2 stroke engine will run 250 h if you follow the tbh.
Is here any statistics for p3 of how,when,why they crash?
I think here is a big "need" to getting knowledge because in my mind a p3 is a drone made for professional usage.
Any one here who has time to make a statistic?
I'm sure that it will getting press on DJI to make better drones for us and futured costumers!

Last edited:
The phantom... I wouldn't call professional. It's more on the toy side. I don't think there are valuable stats yet on % crashes... But eventually, you are correct, most will crash someday, unless it's left in a box!

Perhaps I'm wrong it's not a professional drone, just rtf and ok cam...

Some are short lived like the guy who just took it out of the box and started flying and right into his garage door he went. Didn't read the manuals or even look at videos on controls or anything. Then there are those of us who a pre flight checkers post flight checkers do all updates and keep apprised of any changes and have been flying for a year or more with only minor mis haps. This professional toy is totally dependent on the person at the controls. So to answer you question there are no stats being kept on dummies at the controls. The Phantom has good stats, never seen one damaged in the box.

It could be something to do with starting out on 38% battery - perhaps the voltage was too low or something. Try healthydrones.com
Perhaps that might be the reason but the engines beheved strange, rpm went up and down in cycles every second before all engins died at same time...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4