How many of you use the come home feature?

Reaction score
I've never used it to bring my phantom back I always fly it. I just don't like the thought of having no control over my rig...is that normal or should I have more trust in it?

I don't use it as a standard. But I have let it kick in on purpose just to get a feel for how it acts. I recommend you try the same. It's kinda freaky at first but it works just fine.

Just practice with it a few times and you'll get over your fear over it, then you can use it at your leisure. Just don't get too comfortable with it and lazy about making sure the return path is clear.

In DJI's Wookong and A2 flight controllers, the go-home function (used in the Phantom's failsafe) is considered a useful enough feature that you can assign it to its trigger to its own control channel.

before I got FPV active I would use the Failsafe/RTH feature all the time when I flew the Phantom way off to the edge of visible range (I was recording with the gopro, just couldn't see live) and there was no way I could see orientation or anything like that... as OI mentioned I was way up in the air I knew the flight path was clear and stuff so I'd flip Failsafe and let the Phantom fly itself back overhead.

I've also used it from very high altitude (150-250m) because now with the 2m/s rate limit descent, descending from height is just boring and dull so sometimes I'll flip the switch and let the Phantom descent itself. it's convenient

however before I got comfortable with it I thoroughly tested it at short distances to make sure it indeed worked properly.

I want to claify my statement....its not that i dont use it because i dont trust it. More that I quite often take off from one spot and finish in another. I actually fully trust the RTH feature and may use it more for the things like QYV mentioned in the future because of the exact reasons he said. Either way you need to get familiar with how it functions IN CASE you would ever need it.

I sure don't trust it now... Crashed for me this morning. I was trying to just test it from about 100ft up and 100 yards away and it seemed to work until descending, when it hit 40ft or so it got speed wobbles and SMASH!

So mad.

Check out my reply (and who ever else replied) in your thread. Your issue wasnt the RTH feature. Yours is your prop guards. MANY people have problems with that while running them. The way i see that is if i run them im trying to save a cheap prop at the risk of an expensive camera and quad.

Ya you make a GREAT point! I was just coming back here to say it wasn't rth.

I'm not happy at the guys at the shop.

I ran prop guards for like 2 flights before I realized they were pointless for me. I'm not saying they have no use ever... if you're the type of person who flies near obstacles, low altitude so you might hit buildings or trees or whatever maybe they are valuable... but I'm typically flying in open areas at decent altitude with no real possibility of running into things so that fact, combined with additional facts that they can make VRS more likely AND they decrease flight time due to weight I decided I didn't need them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers