How many have had absolutely no problems

joefuller757 said:
Didjelirium said:
Haha ! Great minds...

I was just thinking about starting such a topic because this is just waaaaaay too alarming that only troubles are talked about on forums, and not much of nice experience reports.

Bless and happy flying !

Didjelirium

Didjelirium: you can add "writer" to the description of what you do for a living. Very entertaining post. Are you from the US in the South ("karma, y'all")? Thanks for telling a positive story and sharing the details of your noobness. I've only managed 2 flights because of work and monsoons here in Virginia. Likewise, no issues and stars in my eyes about what I want to do with it next.

Hahaha ! Well, thanks for reading, i know it's not the snappiest post ever. Writing is also kind what I mainly do, professionally or not. Also, i'm from Tahiti - so technically i'm french - but been living in China for too long now and about to head back to my island.

Hope the weather will clear on your side and you'll have your stripes real soon ! :) know i'm happy to wake up everyday and see somewhat of a sky, behind the veil of pollution and dirt of the air.

Bless !

ResevorDG said:
JWDrone said:
Ok, P2V+ flys pefect,, took it up 385ft hovered like a hawk, maybe a 2 meter float in 10 knot wind but always recovered to the original hover. Now I looked at the video,, ooops what is up with my Hirizon tilt! am I missing a feature? Amed direct into the wind gives a perfect horizon. Aimed either East West side shore into the wind my horizon is off by at least 30 degrees. I will try again today to see if its all the same,, maybe its me holding the tx slightly tilted with the horizon? other than the video issue, perfect out of the box.

PS,, Using my Ipad Mini with glare shield was better for me than the Iphone 5s,, I didnt have to wear reading glasses.

Check to see if you are in FPV mode. This is selected in the app.
If that's not it, re-calibratee the imu. Do the advanced calibration.
If that does not work, contact dji.

Thank you, Problem solved and a new feature found.. Wow what a great forum,, Cheers

2nd proper flight today flew beautifully and wow is it longer range lol......the picture quality seems better, hardly any horizon fisheye and its silky smooth video, im quite taken with it so far !!

:D

Ksandersfl said:
Thee phantom will only accept up to 32GB cards.
I've heard that before, but I used a 64GB SanDisk Ultra from my GoPro in my P2V+ and it worked fine.

DesertFlyer53 said:
I've had my P2 with H3-2D gimbal for 3 months now. I've lost count of the number of flights. Probably 50ish. Not one issue except for the dreaded hook problem but I've become adapted to it. I'm even using v3.0! Lol

Hook problem?

I'm flying the Phantom 2, and have had Zero crashes or flyways. I am an experienced RC/FPV pilot who has permanently lost 2 aircrafts with cameras over the past eight years. I've flown fixed wing, DJI F550 and TBS Discovery Pro, etc. I intentionally chose the Phantom due to its simplicity and positive feedback from users. I am deliberately being extra cautious now using checklists and a GPS tracker. I tend to think that a great number of problems are due to carelessness. I am, however CERTAIN that there are many technological causes; i.e. poor design, workmanship problems, shoddy non-compatible assembly, etc. Regardless, an ounce of precaution is better than a pound of cure. I posted a video this week in an effort to educate those who need a little friendly advice. It's not for those of you who know all of this but rather the "young bucks" who can avoid the mistakes I've made. It was also posted in an effort to prevent disasters that are happening on an increasing frequency, giving our hobby a bad name. We who are experienced can help educate the newbies out there with good advice. Here is the video I posted: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxSEXDYP4tE[/youtube]. As this hobby gains popularity, fueled by the news clips every other day showing a Phantom ("Drone") offending someone, hopefully the novices can get a little guidance on a fine forum like this one. Unfortunately things happen. We just need to learn from them. For example, I experienced a successful RTH just yesterday. I will post it in an upcoming Phantom Tips and Trips videos on my YouTube Channel. It was totally my fault. I was controlling the Phantom from a beach cove that was obstructing the signal. Thank God my Phantom had the battery power to return and was able to clear the beach cliffs to return to home. Lesson learned.
Anyway, the good news is "absolutely no problems" so far.

quadcopter said:
DesertFlyer53 said:
I've had my P2 with H3-2D gimbal for 3 months now. I've lost count of the number of flights. Probably 50ish. Not one issue except for the dreaded hook problem but I've become adapted to it. I'm even using v3.0! Lol

Hook problem?

I believe the problem to be in calibration of the compass in extra magnetic locations, its a flaw that DJI software might be able to fix,, so far DJI has not fixed the issue,, There is a forum regarding Compass Calibration and how it relates to the geography of where you are located while flying.. I am in such an area, Southern CA. I have the left hand "hook problem" also.

This is the title of the Thread, Fixing DJI's Compass Problem

I've had my V+ for 10 days (5 of those crappy weather!). I guess I have about a dozen flights now, each time getting braver with distance away. Today, I finally tried out the Return to Home function by saying a little prayer, taking a deep breath and then just shutting off the TX. .....

RTH worked perfectly! It even hovered 6" above the grass and touched down oh so very slowly. I also noticed that the motors wind down very slowly even after it lands. (I have some comments about the Home Position, but thats for a different thread)

Pleased to report that my P2V+ is performing exactly as advertized.

No problems here. My P2V+ working like a charm. Excellent still photos and videos! Have had my iPhone 5 Phantom 2 app freeze up a couple of times, but easy to correct, by closing and restarting the app. Once I even had to remove it from running in the background before it would unfreeze. I will say that I'm a real amateur at flying these things and have gone through the Phantom Pilot Training course. I highly recommend newbies to do that.

No problems whatsoever. This is my third Phantom and, so far, the absolute best. Video is rock-solid and smooth as glass, stills are razor sharp and flight performance is excellent -- all right out of the box. Even the props were balanced! The Vision 2+ is proving more rewarding than my Zenmuse tricked out (at great expense) original as well as the first Vision. Video monitoring to my iPod Touch has been flawless and I hope to enhance that feature with an iPad mini. Buttery smooth video of relatively close scenes has been my primary objective and that's what I'm getting. I suppose catastrophe could strike tomorrow but, at the moment, I'm thoroughly delighted with the 2+

Third flight today and some video break up and not sure what is the cause, the app or the range extender just losing charge as I flew with 2 batteries, so will have to have a look at that in next flight and hope its not a sign of something. I swapped from a nexus 7 which had break up back to my samsung galaxy s3 phone and still had break up at times. Have abandoned my samsung galaxy tab3 8.0" as the picture quality at that size was just too poor.

Have to say the video when i got it back and looked at it was fine.

A friend of mine just received the plus, his first flight was at night with no issue. His second flight was in high wind near the beach chasing my Baja around the park with no issue.

He let go of the sticks at 20ft and it very slowly moved with the wind, the same at 160ft. I was very impressed with the stability of the Phantom in that wind.

The video on his IPhone was crystal clear and rock steady. I'm sold and will be ordering one soon!

No problems with P1, P2+H3-2D, second P2+H3-2D, and new P2+H3-3D, FPV, Ground Station, Futaba 14SG, etc.. Other than basic learning curve and crashes due solely to pilot error, aggressive flying, etc. Left GoPro WiFi on once, and only once. That was a wild ride. Lost P2 behind granite spire and learned the hard way the consequences of loss of LOS with low battery. Never experienced the most common ailments on this forum: fly away, battery issues, severe jello, gimbal fibrillation, etc. One minor nit is that gimbal tuning, especially the H3-3D, is currently a bit of a black art. And FPV antenna tuning doesn't count in my book as a product problem. And while I can rip on DJI for poor QA, poor documentation, questionable product specs (at times), near-nonexistent customer support, etc., I kind of like the tribal learning in areas such as Futaba radio setup, H3-3D tuning, range optimization (both flight controls and FPV), Ground Station, etc. If DJI had their act together and wanted to dominate this space for a long time, they would be reading every quality post every day and polling the more savvy / less negative regular posters as to where the products should go next. E.g.: (1) simple GPS coords on iOSD Mini; (2) custom GPS tracker; (3) open toolbox for gimbal tuning; (4) Canbus open architecture. And while I'm smoking the fat doobie: (5) active recruiting of test pilots and constant feedback of their flight data to optimize the product for the marketplace; (6) joint R&D with GoPro on next gen.

Dreamer

Had a tree get in my way Friday evening. No idea how that happened. :? Other than that and tipping over on liftoff while trying to take off and hover 1 foot off the ground, she has been pretty solid. Every mistake and mishap I can attribute to my error.

phantomguy said:
Zero problems on my P2V and zero on it's replacement, the P2V+. Then again, I tend to fly on well charged batteries, always make sure I have at least 7 satellites locked in minimum, make certain my home point is set/and I have only green lights before lifting off, fly closeby for the first 60 seconds or so to make sure all my controls are working properly, calibrate anytime Im flying from a new location and I fly in non-rainy conditions while not sitting inside my car when controlling.

This has largely been my experience as well. Phone used is a stock Nexus 4. 1 year of Parrot ARDrone 2.0 experience prior to the P2V+. Probably spent 16+ hours reading manuals and watching YouYube videos between ordering and receiving it.

No. I'm well aware of the nature of forums. I have a P2V+ on order and I'm just trying to gauge some level of happy ownership. Thanks to those that post comments.
My buddy won a P2V+, some kind of locksmith convention and it was the prize. He gave it to me to learn to fly so I could teach him. I didn't take it out over the lake or test the distance, but I really saw no big difference between it and my P3, which I had to buy, cause his hooked me....LOL

Phantom 2 Vision + : 1 year 2 months in use, total flights 104 with just over 26 hours in the air.
Only one problem many flights back - A fly-away when switching from Litchi to DJI Vision App (totally my fault). Using last GPS coordinates as stated on Vision app entered to Google maps took me right to the P2V+. Still in service and using frequently with favorite app; Autopilot 3.0.
Looking forward to upgrading however to the P3P!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj