How many DJIs can fly at the same time?

We I raced RC cars around the country in the late 80s 90s, we would change crystals in the 75 or 27 mHz bands...
Now I dated myself...

DBSAM said:
What is the limit at the same airfield?

It should be as many as you could fit on the field. My understanding is that the ID of the tx is fixed and the spread spectrum hopping is based on that ID. Thus no other tx would ever be exactly on the same tempo. In practice, so much junk in the air would probably still cause issues (spread spectrum can also be used for jamming - so lots and lots of signals will cause some interference)... but for any reasonable number on the same airfield, I doubt it could be a problem.

DBSAM said:
We I raced RC cars around the country in the late 80s 90s, we would change crystals in the 75 or 27 mHz bands...
Now I dated myself...

My first two RC planes were built in 77. Had to glue the spar/structure patterns to balsa sheets, cut them out, align them on templates, and connect them with glued balsa strips before covering the structure with fabric. Took me MONTHS to built two planes. One died on the very first flight! I had crystals too. I think there were only like 6 channels to choose from. :roll:

What I said so reminds me of the commercial where the old guy says, "We walked 10 miles to school, through the snow with bare feet." Another old guy turns and says, "Feet? You had feet???" :roll:

Ahh the good ole days...
I took a vhs camcorder and strapped it to the top of
the car was just about 1/8 inch off the ground...
This stuff just amazing.

First radio was a kraft 4 channel , very high tech at the time. 1st plane Goldberg falcon 56.

Can I take a slightly different tack to answer? I'm new to RC helicopters, but an broadcast TV veteran. My first broadcast camera shot on Super VHS. It was 47 lbs fully loaded.

photomikey said:
Can I take a slightly different tack to answer? I'm new to RC helicopters, but an broadcast TV veteran. My first broadcast camera shot on Super VHS. It was 47 lbs fully loaded.

That's really funny considering what you got quality-wise and the performance of the tiny little camera on the Vision+.

P2V/V+ use 2.4G Wifi for video and 5.8G for control. There should be sufficient channels on 5.8G frequency hopping, and it should not be a problem for multiple P2V/V+ pilots flying in the same airfield with LOS.

However on 2.4G Wifi video, both P2V/V+ are hard coded CH-1 (2412 MHz) on the firmware 1.1.9 for Vision and 1.2.5g for Vision+. The more pilots flying close in the same field, the more video dropout you would encounter.

PVFlyer said:
However on 2.4G Wifi video, both P2V/V+ are hard coded CH-1 (2412 MHz) on the firmware 1.1.9 for Vision and 1.2.5g for Vision+. The more pilots flying close in the same field, the more video dropout you would encounter.

Yes, FPV would be the limiting issue first. Wouldn't stop video recording from the aircraft but with just a few FPV stations in the area and you will get interference and terrible ground reception. The 5.8 freq would get lots of noise immediately. We had two powerful repeaters at a site earlier this year - they destroyed FPV for everyone.

And now, to add my 2 cents about the off-topic replies, my first RC was on an air boat that I built from scratch - including the servos and all controls. It used an .049 gas engine - the frame was balsa with mahogany veneer for skin. Five coats of poly made it indestructable. The RC was a discrete component affair with three transistors on the tx and one on the rx (and two more to drive the single servo). The tx used a telephone battery (90 volts). Coils were hand wound and the rx was regenerative. The tx was so noisy that I couldn't play anywhere near any other system. However, range was good for a boat - never did find out how far it would go - always ran out of water. I didn't do RC again until early 2000 when I built several robots that used WiFi for control and FPV. Skip ahead to today. Wow...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic