How many batteries???

Reaction score
Found threads on the P2 on this but nothing on the P3 series. Sorry if this is redundant...

Is there a limit to how many batteries you can have with the P3 series? I have 3 but want to add a couple more.

As always, your input is greatly appreciated!

limit is how deep your pockets are

Reactions: turbulence
Yes, ok money... but talking about reality, How many times can you take of discharge a battery, land, put another one and do it again? or in less words how many batteries can a phantom 4 take continuously?

YMMV but you should be able to use a battery for about 300 cycles. If you have 3 batteries and fly 3 flights a day that is still probably years worth fo flight.

I've thought about the charging math and come up with this... 2 batteries is okay but 3 batteries is just about right. When I go out I usually find myself flying 3 flights for the day. However, there are a few times when 4 flights might be needed so I'd say 3 is good but 4 is plenty. I'm not saying that having more is bad though. I'm always flying to get some video and photos to put together a movie. I find that I don't really need more then 4 flights to do this. If I do, it would involve some driving time and I have a charger in the car for this. Having 3-4 batteries means one can be charging while I'm using the next 2-3. If I have 4 batteries and were to follow this routine I think it would allow me to always be flying.

I have 5 batteries, and 2 dji multiple chargers, so, can fly for about 100 minutes, and, while one battery is cooling down (it won't charge until the temp drops down to a safe level) one is charging, and the other 3 are ready or being used. Works pretty nice!
The other plus is, that 5 batteries last a lot more, as they are not cycled that often, meaning I have batteries for about 2 years before they call it quits !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
ebadefcbe35a0e33e44f83c35c95ea69.jpg

Last edited:
I have four flight batteries for my Phantom 3 Pro'. I find that to be enough most days. Ah, but one more would be nice, if it fit in the @dji hardshell backpack. ;-)
I also bought a second @dji 100w charger, which is very helpful.

RedHotPoker

I had 4, but 1 became swollen inside my P3 while stored inside my car. I was playing tennis in Vegas and I guess the heat was too great. I now take special care to carry a small soft insulated bag and ice for times of extended car storage. Given the fact I had to pry it our of the P3 I still consider myself lucky that it didn't torch inside the P3 and car.

You were very lucky, you only lost the one battery. It could have been so much more expensive. ;-)
An Insulated chest would keep its temperature for a few hours, even more, if it had a bag of ice in it. Ha

RedHotPoker

Agree, and it (swollen battery) was fully charged when I stored it. On the travel home, I happen to make a stop outside of Calico Ghost Town and when I when I pressed the power button to ensure I had power for a quick flight, it only had one light; so it had really cooked. Why it didn't burn is so totally beyond me, but super lucky.

I have a friend who works at Calico Ghost Town. He's the Park Ranger. Hahaha

Talk about a Small world. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I have two batteryfor the p4 and 4 for the p3p.

I have six for my P3P which I like so that I can go down to 30% or more and not work out the batteries too much. I like to rotate them in order when I can. I fly almost every day.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20