How many batteries?

Reaction score
So, I own two batteries for my vision+ and I'm getting about 20min per battery. Sometimes 40min of flying seems really short, and because of the charging time is so long, I started thinking "if I have 3 or 4, I'll always have one charged!"
As the weather gets cooler, I would like to spend more time out too & since these batteries are not cheap, I thought I'll ask fellow Vision+ pilots.

1) how many batteries do you own?

2) how long do you fly when you go out?

Onezerosix141 said:
So, I own two batteries for my vision+ and I'm getting about 20min per battery. Sometimes 40min of flying seems really short, and because of the charging time is so long, I started thinking "if I have 3 or 4, I'll always have one charged!"
As the weather gets cooler, I would like to spend more time out too & since these batteries are not cheap, I thought I'll ask fellow Vision+ pilots.

1) how many batteries do you own?

2) how long do you fly when you go out?

Isn't this relative to what you are doing and how long YOU want to fly at any given time?

1) I own 2 batteries.
2) Depends. Even if I am filming 2 is still good enough. I get bored flying in the same spot for more than 40 min! I usually drive around... find something interesting to film. fly 10-20 minutes... find another spot ... etc until batteries all done. Might do 4 flights about 10min each.

Oh, most definitely. I Isn't this relative to what you are doing and how long YOU want to fly at any given time?

I do live in area where there many place to film & fly but sometimes I don't get full 20min out of the battery due to external changes. Last flight I got 15min may be due to strong wind & reception?

Thanks for your input ^_^

I have 3 batteries and that seems to really suit my needs fine. Also, I believe the batteries have dropped in price a bit recently? I also purchased a 12v>120volt adapter for about $26 from WalMart so that if I need to when driving or at a field, I can use my OEM charger to at least start charging the first battery after its done. SO that when Im done with my third battery my wait time to go back to that first battery isnt as long

I currently own 4 DJI batteries, and I have 3 chargers. It takes about 1:15 to charge a battery fully from 12-15%, so this lets me pretty much stay perpetually in the air except during battery swaps. I actually want to pick up one additional battery so I have 5, and I can allow one to cool for a bit after a flight.

I have three batteries, and may get more, but there's one interesting consideration ...

From what I have read, the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) has rules regarding large lithium cells on commercial airlines in the U.S. Based on what I have read, they allow:
  • No large lithium cells in checked luggage;
  • One large lithium cell inserted into the device and carried in carry-on luggage; and
  • Two spare large lithium cells carried in carry-on luggage, preferably in plastic bags.

Three is perfect for my flying. At this time a fourth is not something I am considering.

I have 4 batteries. But when I fly for 80 minutes it seems I have to recharge the Wi-Fi extender for 10 hours

I have 3. Need to get an adapter for the car. About 15 to 20 minutes a battery.

Depending on the wind and other factors (like how many things there might be to crash in) I may only use 2. Too exhausted!

5 batteries, 1 charger + got a multi-battery charger strip from ebay. Have not done any marathon flying sessions but having extra full batteries on a roadtrip is always useful when you see nice locations along the way.

Total 7 :
5 in the case and 2 outside the case.
But I have more vision's + ;)
3 chargers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 294
As I only have available time on weekends a depend on wheather conditios.... When possible i go aout drivoing for one or more hour.. stop at some interesting place... stay for awhile.. fly some minuyes... and go to next place.
All again.

Two batteries at this time & 12VDC to 127 AC converter + plus direct car batery connection to converter.
Not enough... waiting to arrive one more charger and two more batteries. I think this will be enough for my conditions.

Also preparing a 40 amperes stationary battery with two USB (5VDC) connector volmeter to carry toi places where it is nopt possible to get neas with the car...
So carryinh this "asrtifact" in a hand pushed baggage carrying wit wheels... will allow me to stay a whole day in a remote place without lack of charging something.

Best Regards.

Werz said:
From what I have read, the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) has rules regarding large lithium cells on commercial airlines in the U.S. Based on what I have read, they allow:
  • No large lithium cells in checked luggage;
  • One large lithium cell inserted into the device and carried in carry-on luggage; and
  • Two spare large lithium cells carried in carry-on luggage, preferably in plastic bags.

I can get away with more than that in my RV, so I have four, plus two chargers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31