How many batteries have you brought on a plane?

Reaction score
I just called Southwest to find out about bringing Litho batteries on as carry on. They told me what I already knew about the max size but when I asked how many I could they said no more than two. Does this sound right? How many have others brought on board?

Thanks,
S

I called SW and got a couple different answers.
I played it safe and put one battery in the drone and carried it on board as one requested.
had my wife carry the 2 spare batteries.
No problems and not even a search of the batteries

I just went through the Toronto security about 20min ago heading to Portugal. 3 batteries and 5 GoPro batteries... literally, no one even asked what was in the bag labeled "warning LIPO" or how many was in it

Southwest basically refers you to the TSA website. The main limit is that YOU CAN NOT 'CHECK' LITHIUM ION BATTERIES. Lithium Ion Batteries of up to 100watts are permitted as CARRY ON ONLY and there is no limit stated on TSA website.

As JustMike72 gave the link to, there doesn't appear to be a limit.

I 'carry on' my 4 batteries with Southwest and have never had an issue. Albeit getting checked by TSA once because too much crap in my other carry on.

I just flew on another major carrier last month, but TSA just ran my closed P4 box through the X-Ray machine, appearing to not care about the number of batteries I had. I had 2, and my drone was empty. My carrier had some intercom warning about lithium batteries, but I don't think it covered drone batteries. Also, I carried the P4 styrofoam box in a tight fitting canvas bag, and it had more than enough under the seat in front of me, FYI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen