How many batteries are you getting?

Reaction score
With my P3P I had 3 batteries. I rarely used all 3 at the same time. Usually 1 or 2. With longer battery life I'm wondering if I really need a third one. I ordered one spare but I'm thinking of running by Apple to grab a 3rd.

How many are you planning on getting? thx

I purchased 5 extra batteries. I find I usually use three to four when I go out with my P3 to video any particular subject and I always like to have one full battery when I travel home just incase I run across something that just "Needs" to be filmed. I also always carry a charger in the Jeep with me just in case but to date I have never used more than 5 on any one outing with the P3. That said the P4 is supposed to have more flying time but even so, I find I rarely ever fly more than 15minutes at a time so 5 is my magic number. All together I'll have six for the P4 which should be more than I'll ever need for one outing...but you never know...

"Better to have and not need than to need and not have!"

Reactions: rhoffart
I'm buying one extra. May get another in a few months.

I ordered one extra from DJI (and it just shipped today), then I bought a couple more at the Apple store today so I'll have 4. That's how many I had with my P3 and it seems right. According to early reports battery life isn't much improved at all, unfortunately so 4 seems good to me.

2 is not enough for the simple reason that you will run the life of your battery quicker. 3 is probably the sweet spot. I currently have 2 but when I go to apple tomorrow to get my Ipad Pro (CANT WAIT), I'm probably gonna pick up 2.

My first battery (the one that came with it) is already down to 99%. Did you guys ever see a P3 battery lose a whole percentage in like maybe 25-30 flights? I thought that was strange.

2 is not enough for the simple reason that you will run the life of your battery quicker. 3 is probably the sweet spot. I currently have 2 but when I go to apple tomorrow to get my Ipad Pro (CANT WAIT), I'm probably gonna pick up 2.

My first battery (the one that came with it) is already down to 99%. Did you guys ever see a P3 battery lose a whole percentage in like maybe 25-30 flights? I thought that was strange.
Are you planning on flying your Phantom 4 with that large iPad Pro?
I know some guys here, are doing it already. For the battery life time discrepancy. You just need to deep cycle that intelligent flight battery, take it down to 8% and then charge it back to 100% charge. It will then show 100% life remaining.

RedHotPoker

Are you planning on flying your Phantom 4 with that large iPad Pro?
I know some guys here, are doing it already. For the battery life time discrepancy. You just need to deep cycle that intelligent flight battery, take it down to 8% and then charge it back to 100% charge. It will then show 100% life remaining.

RedHotPoker
Yeah, was certainly going to attempt to fly it with the Pro but I am really getting the pro for my 4 year old daughter who is an amazing artist but yeah, of course I am gonna try it out!! :)

Thanks for the heads up about the battery, I'll try it out.

You will need a 3D printed bracket extension to hold the iPad Pro.
It won't fit in the regular device holder.

RedHotPoker

By the way is it ok to charge the battery and the remote in the same time on the P4 charger ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No, you shouldn't. @dji recomends against this. With my four Phantom 3 Pro intelligent flight batteries, I bought a second 100w charger for just this purpose. Or for when charging two intelligent flight batteries at once.

RedHotPoker

You will need a 3D printed bracket extension to hold the iPad Pro.
It won't fit in the regular device holder.

RedHotPoker
Yeah, I know. I think I'll stick with my mini for regular use and occasionally the iPhone 6+. There is a small chance I might get the smaller pro (the one that is the size of the Air) for use with my Phantoms but then again, I think the mini is just the right size, even a little too big itself. I would never use the pro as a always on item.

No, you shouldn't. @dji recomends against this. With my four Phantom 3 Pro intelligent flight batteries, I bought a second 100w charger for just this purpose. Or for when charging two intelligent flight batteries at once.

RedHotPoker

where does it say they recommend against that?

I have a total of two now just picked up one from BB this morning.

Reactions: maseman88
nice so they do have them now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31