How long keeping batteries full?

Reaction score
How long we can keep our batteries full without any damage to their health? I have two batteries that I fully charged last night but I decided not to fly today. I have also one of these discharge tools for these batteries and I tested it and works great but want to know how long is good to keep these batteries at full capacity.

These are self discharging batteries so you do not worry about keeping them fully charged. What you should bother is to check that they don't get discharged fully. To do this, keep charging them to say 65% once in two months or so.

These are self discharging batteries so you do not worry about keeping them fully charged. What you should bother is to check that they don't get discharged fully. To do this, keep charging them to say 65% once in two months or so.

I will discharge then to 60% to keep it healthy. Right now they are fully charged to 95%.

I go 3 days max for the best battery health...

I will discharge then to 60% to keep it healthy. Right now they are fully charged to 95%.

You can do that but there is no need to do that as batteries will self discharge in set number of days to 66%

You can do that but there is no need to do that as batteries will self discharge in set number of days to 66%
I know but if I can discharge it manually I can keep it low... I don't know when I will fly again. I usually do it during the weekends as I work full time in weekdays and sometimes the weather is bad when I plan to go out.

It's your choice. How do you plan to discharge manually?

If I'm not flying, I charge them back to 65% after flying and store them. I don't like manual discharging.

Does it limit the discharge to ~60% or has a chance to discharge it to zero level destroying the battery?

Why do you charge to 100% and then discharge to lower values?

Does it limit the discharge to ~60% or has a chance to discharge it to zero level destroying the battery?

Why do you charge to 100% and then discharge to lower values?
I was thinking to fly today but I exercised 8 miles and my legs and back hurt a little and I don't desire to fly today. But I charged fully the batteries last night. The tool manually discharge the batteries, I usually connect my iPad tablet to charge with it. I usually discharged to 50 - 60%.

Just a point, quick discharge affects battery life.

You mean after three days then discharge it manually?
Set it to 3 days and if not used it will self discharge automatically

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31