How long does your P3A take to "warm up"?

Reaction score
I know it's cold out but even in my house it takes about 2 1/2 minutes to get the green go ahead. I remember the first time it only took a minute or less. What are your times.

even my P3S takes under 30secs or under 1min when below 32d F/0d C

Warm up can be reduced by placing the phantom in the fridge immediately prior to performing an imu calibration.
Does DJI recommend this? My new P3A takes more then 1min.

Yes, a cold Phantom IMU calibration will help eleviate that warm up period. No need for a refrigerator, just set it outside the back door... Without the battery installed. ;-)
Haha, yeah Winter arrived here, so the ambient temps are always near that magical 0*C... Brrring it in, after 15-20mins.
Have the device ready, on the IMU calibration page of the Go App.
After initial startup, press the IMU Calibration button, and do not move the drone once calibration begins. Do your gimbal cal., right after...

RedHotPoker

Its something I do. The tip was provided to me by a tech in an autjorised dji service centre. I suggest you make your own enquiries and proceed if you are comfortable.
I've seen videos on YouTube that suggest getting having it cold. But not putting it in the freezer. I would think it that would lead to moisture build up and that doesn't mix with electronics. The video suggested to put in trunk when going to your flying location to have it stabilized with the air temp.

I've seen videos on YouTube that suggest getting having it cold. But not putting it in the freezer. I would think it that would lead to moisture build up and that doesn't mix with electronics. The video suggested to put in trunk when going to your flying location to have it stabilized with the air temp.
Fridge not freezer. No condensation issues for me. I dont understand the transport in trunk temp stabalisation as doing much either. If the temp imu cal was performed in was greater than ambient when you power up you will be waiting... thats my experience.

If you go from a warmer to a colder climate, it will take longer for the IMU to warm up.
I was at sea level with a balmy 28C. I then drove up to Wellington Tops where it was 9C at the peak. My phantom3 now took a minute to warm up at the peak where it is usually instantaneous.

It's best to do your IMU early in the morning and have it sitting outdoors for 20 minutes or so.
And its critical that you do it immediately the moment you turn on your phantom. Leaving your phantom on will warm up the internals very quickly.

10 to 15 seconds, and I did put the phantom on the refrigerator for 20 minutes before the IMU calibration...twice, with no issues

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The first time I inserted a fully-charged battery in my P3 and booted it up after a week of non-flying, it usually takes about 2 minutes for P3 to warm up before ready to fly. The subsequent fresh batteries after that first battery flight, it only takes less than 30 seconds to warm up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers