How long does it take...

Reaction score
To not get nervous about losing your drone?? Lol...

I just got my Phantom 2 NV last week, and took it on my first "real" flight yesterday. As it was ascending, I was getting nervous about how high I should go and all that... worrying about losing signal, fly-away, all that stuff. I bet I didn't get it half as high as I could have, but I'm not use to guesstimating altitude yet.

I am REALLY loving this thing! Onward and upward! :)

Spend a few more dollars and add FPV system to you quad so you'll know what altitude and distance you're at.

I have had over 200 flights and I still get nervous. But, much less so than in the beginning. It is a good thing to have a checklist procedure when prepping for flight.
These things will fail, be prepared to repair in the future. I have an extra gimbal and camera when it does happen, hopefully not over water. It is just a case of building confidence over time with numerous successful flights in a row. Even then, **** happens. Right now I am dealing with batteries that are starting the "soft" fail mode. Check the battery life by holding down the battery power button for 5 seconds until the led blinks. If you have one blinking LED, don't use the battery in critical situations. It may try to Auto land with only 80% charge left.
I fly by FPV only with goggles. I can't imagine not having the flight data in front of me all the time with the iosd mini.

I have had over 200 flights and I still get nervous. But, much less so than in the beginning. It is a good thing to have a checklist procedure when prepping for flight.
These things will fail, be prepared to repair in the future. I have an extra gimbal and camera when it does happen, hopefully not over water. It is just a case of building confidence over time with numerous successful flights in a row. Even then, **** happens. Right now I am dealing with batteries that are starting the "soft" fail mode. Check the battery life by holding down the battery power button for 5 seconds until the led blinks. If you have one blinking LED, don't use the battery in critical situations. It may try to Auto land with only 80% charge left.
I fly by FPV only with goggles. I can't imagine not having the flight data in front of me all the time with the iosd mini.

I have been flying for over 14 months and those anxieties wear off after awhile. Of course if you believe everything you read in these forums about flyaways and swimming with the fish you never rid yourself of these anxieties.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik