How long does it take to hear back from DJI

Reaction score
I had to send back my first Vision due to a fly away. I took it out to fly as I had every day since I got it two weeks before. Went on one flight with no problems whatsoever. I brought it back down and turned it off because I got a phone call (Not on my phone I was using with the Phantom, on my work phone. Turned it back on,did the normal start up procedures and made sure everything was cool, started the motors and lifted off. It just kept going. I had no control over it from the moment I lifted off. It went up to 300 feet, I still had telemetry and about 200 feet out and inverted and came straight down and cashed onto concrete. Parts went everywhere. I had flown in this spot several times before without a problem. I had just done the update, 3.10 I think, the one they recalled. Have no idea what happened. I called DJI and they said to send it in to their US service port. I mailed it last Monday and it was supposed to have arrived by last Friday. When I was on the phone with them they said I would get an email and could check the process in my portal on the DJI site. I still have not heard from them and am wondering what is the normal turn around time to when they get back to you.

Two to three weeks is their usual advertised turnaround time..
it took me a week just to get it sent in after 5 hours on hold on the phone ..I had to pay for the shipping. .cost me 50 bucks. .today has been two weeks since I got a RMA number. .it arrived at dji last Thursday, but they were closed Friday and Monday for system upgrades I believe. .
so it's been there a week and I haven't heard anything. .
they told me on two ocasisions that they would have a technical support person call me to work out a problem with my account. .says I'm not authorized. .
I basically had to just chill. .I got pretty upset being on hold for 5 hours and not even getting my issue resolved. .good luck ..just par for the course. ..tdp..

I'm still waiting for a reply to three emails of mine, sent over a month ago......

PhantomFanatic said:
I'm still waiting for a reply to three emails of mine, sent over a month ago......

Wow, that's a long wait. I find my emails get answered in a few days but always with a standard response that I should call the call center. So I just do that now when I know I have a few hours to waste.

There's something I don't understand here . I have only had to deal with DJI 1 time and when I went to the site and went to support it had a LA # so I called it. It referred me to my closest DJI Dealer that is a authorized service center which was in TX at UAVDIRECT .They connected me to them and had me send them my problems and they returned them in about a week . [ Battery's ]
Why are you having to ship to China ? Will the US Centers not fix your problems or what ? Just curious

Sent mine to CA and it was checked into their system the day after they received it, that was 2/10. No updates since then.

I wouldn't waste time with emails. From reading the responses to mine they are being handled in China. Call the CA #.

Marlin009 said:
Sent mine to CA and it was checked into their system the day after they received it, that was 2/10. No updates since then.

I wouldn't waste time with emails. From reading the responses to mine they are being handled in China. Call the CA #.
Totally agree with ya !! I want to talk with some one as I get better results !!

it is the Chinese new year right now. The whole country has shut down... they will be back in one to two weeks..........

From info please... "The Chinese year 4713 begins on Feb. 19, 2015. It is the year of the sheep.

Chinese months are reckoned by the lunar calendar, with each month beginning on the darkest day. New Year festivities traditionally start on the first day of the month and continue until the fifteenth, when the moon is brightest. In China, people may take weeks of holiday from work to prepare for and celebrate the New Year."

Marlin009 said:

I saw a change in the status today on their website so I called them.

They test flew it and have confirmed the ESC's are wrong and will be replaced.
Not sure why they had to fly it. Maybe they can connect through the USB and see what's going on. :?:
Moving along. :cool:

I returned my Vision to DJI in Torrance back in November for the early autolanding problem. In the problem description, I added a postscript that the camera was blurry on the right side. From the first email saying it was checked into their system, until the email saying it was being shipped back, was 3 hours and 19 minutes. They also replaced the camera. New one is sharp all across.

MikeON said:
I returned my Vision to DJI in Torrance back in November for the early autolanding problem. In the problem description, I added a postscript that the camera was blurry on the right side. From the first email saying it was checked into their system, until the email saying it was being shipped back, was 3 hours and 19 minutes. They also replaced the camera. New one is sharp all across.
Hey MikeON.. glad to hear you had a good experience. .honestly this is the first one I've heard of that was done quickly and properly..
good to know..tdp..

Ok ..good news guys ..my inspire is on its way back from dji la..faulty flight controller. .
guess this is the third good report. .heard of another one since my last post..dji is on their game guys..
must say I'm impressed with how the got their act together and got my drone on its way home..I'd like to thank Tahoe Ed and the academy. .turbo. ..

Marlin009 said:
Marlin009 said:

I saw a change in the status today on their website so I called them.

They test flew it and have confirmed the ESC's are wrong and will be replaced.
Not sure why they had to fly it. Maybe they can connect through the USB and see what's going on. :?:
Moving along. :cool:

Shipped out yesterday, should have it Thursday. :cool:

The eagle has landed. .well the terminator. . Thats my inspires name..
dji is on their game guys..I recived my inspire back within 3 weeks and would have been two if I didn't have an issue with my email account. .
try and be patient and things will work out..
dji la is working on improving their call center, but the repair side is kicking butt..
turbo. .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj