How long do I wait for reply from DJI

Reaction score
Hi,

From those of you who have submitted a support ticket / email request, how long did you have to wait for a reply.

I had my P2V+ lose all power in mid-flight and drop out of the sky and crash onto my roof as described in this thread:http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17652

I submitted a request for warranty replacement via the web form and via email 2 days ago but have yet to hear back.

How long do I wait before I call my credit card company and request a chargeback and/or file an extended warranty claim?

Just want to know what the average wait time is for a response?

Cheers!

Matt

Sorry but I almost had to laugh at your post when I saw '2 days'... The reason is because I've waited weeks for a response from them with no reply. They are swamped and under staffed. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't here back from them for at least 2 weeks. Just being honest. After spending many hours waiting on their customer support line on multiple calls, I finally gave up and used my Skype account and called DJI headquarters in Hong Kong. I finally got the service I needed. I absolutely love the product and I feel DJI has done a great job in developing it, it's just a shame they're not equipped to handle the customer service required here in the U.S. Good luck to you though!

Reactions: Russ
gmbn.inc said:
How long is a piece of string? My P2V+ also fell out of the sky 10wks ago for no apparent reason (have since purchased another one). Sent numerous emails to DJI, finally responded with an almost incoherent email after 3wks. Had to send it to DJI Hong Kong at my own expense. They acknowledged receiving it and haven't heard a word since.... They've had it almost 7wks. Short of flying to China myself & getting it back, I've all but given up hope of seeing it again or my $1300.
Did you have a tracking number and require it to be signed for? That's what I did when I sent my back, along with insuring it. This ensures accountability and proof that they received it, and if not, you can make a claim via insurance. I recommend you call DJI Headquarters directly. I certainly wouldn't give up hope on $1300 of your hard earned money!

gmbn.inc said:
srandall25 said:
gmbn.inc said:
How long is a piece of string? My P2V+ also fell out of the sky 10wks ago for no apparent reason (have since purchased another one). Sent numerous emails to DJI, finally responded with an almost incoherent email after 3wks. Had to send it to DJI Hong Kong at my own expense. They acknowledged receiving it and haven't heard a word since.... They've had it almost 7wks. Short of flying to China myself & getting it back, I've all but given up hope of seeing it again or my $1300.
Did you have a tracking number and require it to be signed for? That's what I did when I sent my back, along with insuring it. This ensures accountability and proof that they received it, and if not, you can make a claim via insurance. I recommend you call DJI Headquarters directly. I certainly wouldn't give up hope on $1300 of your hard earned money!

They did contact me via email to inform me it had been received & that they would contact me when their technicians had looked at it. I'm not calling DJI headquarters again from Australia. 3 phone calls to them already has cost my over $80 just sitting on hold until I finally gave up and hung up!
Use Skype, its much cheaper.. i paid no where near that.

I waited about a month, then I received an email from them saying that they are no longer issuing RMAs via email, and you have to call them, which I have not done yet.

malacca said:
I waited about a month, then I received an email from them saying that they are no longer issuing RMAs via email, and you have to call them, which I have not done yet.

I was told DJI is not issuing RMAs until "they have parts" (WHAT?, Yes sir) in mid-June. I tried to reach them several times since and every time their system simply disconnects my call. :evil: How can a company say in business this way? One thing is for sure they are not creating any customer loyalty and most who have had this sort of treatment will flock to a competitor as soon as a decent one becomes available. Absolutely appalled.

Well, judging from some of the horror stories I've just read, I should wait a little longer than 8 days to hear back from DJI California about a defective battery under warranty. I sent them an email, got an automated response and then tried calling them. I've now learned that they have zero interest in talking to someone and I am torn about just going and dropping another $160 on a replacement battery. Each time I call, I get put on hold, told I am #xxx in the queue and then the line dies after a couple minutes of waiting. Calling back gets the same result. What a shame for a top notch product to have such shabby customer service behind them. I am in a business that relies heavily on taking care of customers and an 8 day wait to hear from someone wouldn't cut it. Anyone have thoughts about how to raise a real person or escalate?

When I emailed [email protected] about spare parts I got a reply the same day from Daniel Huang asking me to send my Phantom to them as they wouldn't be providing spare parts to end-users and I purchased direct from them. So I sent it to Hong Kong and now have had zero response to even acknowledge that they have received it despite it being courier tracked and delivered two weeks ago.

Their Zendesk support system sends out an automatic ticket number which, if you have a password, you can sign into to find the status of your ticket apparently but I've been waiting a week now for a password with no luck.

I even tried using Google Translate to send them a message in Chinese as all the messages I was getting from their system were in Chinese but no luck...

I'm trying to see things from their point of view and I'm sure their support team (person) is swamped but even an automated reply setting expectations would be significantly better customer service than nothing at all.

One possible solution is to sell the broken Phantom on eBay for parts. I know, not a good one, but at least it will recover some of the cost. I'm waiting on a replacement gimbal, but if the replacement cost is too high I may go that route myself. It was my mistake and I figure it was just the cost of admission.

But if the crash was a product defect though, I can understand the frustration. There's a lot going on here and any glitch can cause destruction. And unless there is evidence of a bad solder joint or something similar, it's practically impossible for the manufacturer to fairly diagnose what happened after a crash. It stinks for everybody. Not defending them, but imagine how many calls they get from people like us. (I'm waiting on a reply too)

I can't think of another consumer product that is more suceptble to damage during use - it's like offerring auto insurance at a NASCAR race.

No over a month waiting. I'm on a mission now, having already replaced the bad battery by purchasing another one. I've emailed both main (China) and California support emails, but no response other than the Zen desk reference # that automatically spit out. Anyone have ideas or phone numbers to call where a real person would pick up or pay attention?

Well.... it happened.... I received the following reply from Zendesk today...

Your PHANTOM 2 VISION + unit has been replaced new. You will not be charged for this replacement and we are sending your unit to our shipping department. You will receive a tracking number once it is shipped.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

I could not be happier :)

You wanna fly again? Sorry to say, but you have to order a new one.
Same happen to me with my phantom. Had have more then 30 emails with DJI headquarters technical support and finally gave up. They will tell you it's your mistake.
Read this and watch the video.
Phantom Crash, related to Battery fault?
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Crash survey related to Battery fault.
My DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ fell from the sky on my 73th flight which happened in 1 minute and 21 seconds after the 30% low level battery warning came. The motors suddenly stopped to work and the phantom fell from the sky. There was no 16% low level battery warning nor did the phantom go to the self-landing. After the crash the battery level was 0%.

Here is the crash video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aQPejb ... nwhk_R-I-A

After 19 days explaining and arguing with the DJI Shenzhen Headquarters technical support, I gave up. They just ascribed the blame to me and didn't even try to find out the real cause of the crash. I have sent them the “crash” video, explained everything very precisely and provided them all the information from the Assistance software. I provided them as much information as possible because I’d like to help to make this product even better before someone got hit by a falling Phantom or even worse. I asked them as well to get the battery back so that they can investigate the problem, but DJI didn’t ask for it or response on my request.
This is DJI’s final conclusion / comment to this case ( in their words): “…we all know this acident is caused by operation on the copter and would like to emphasize again the crash is caused by battery had used up all its power before crash during the descending process”.

I’m not sure if DJI currently is able to handle the claim. I got the first answer to my email within 5 hours which was a very quick reply. Unfortunately, the product knowledge from DJI technical support team is not so efficient or helpful. Not meant to harm, defame, or cause any problems for DJI, but yet it is an unbiased, personal experience with the DJI Headquarters support center.

To have a safer Phantom, we need to have DJI to take battery issue seriously, to find out the cause of the problem and to fix it. Therefore, I would like to ask for your favor to help me complete this survey.

ONLY for DJI PHANTOM 2 VISION+ and Phantom 2

Can you please provide me the following information?
1. The Phantom serial no. & Version.
2. Which firmware did you use?
3. The battery serial no.
4. Did you get low battery warning during the flight even the battery was still more than 30% charged?
5. Did your motors suddenly stop working?
6. Did you get a 16% (or whatever you have set) battery low level warning?
7. What was the battery level after the crash?
8. How many flights did you make with this same battery before the crash?
9. Did you fly in NAZA mode or Normal mode?
10. If you flew in NAZA mode is it set to fallsafe or not?
11. Did you discharge to less than 8% and fully charge this “crash battery” just before the flight? This is important to know.

I’ll make a summary of all the comments and information I get and post to this forum.
Is there another good forum where I could post this info/survey?
Many thanks
Roger
Reuters interview
http://www.reuters.com/video/2014/07/30 ... e=Business

Good luck WCWillie!
I received that response from DJI August 28th and they even sent me a FedEx tracking #.
Nobody has seen it yet!
I've submitted a claim with my credit card Co. That I used when purchasing.

Got to say yes you were lucky to not of hit a person but to be honest this video and many more like it are causing all the upset about drones and with good concern 1st rule NEVER fly your drone over PEOPLE BUILDINGS CARS ROADS especially when it is a copter I love flying and photography you could of done all that filming in a safer manner just use multiple flights and paths and editing the films together like we're you took of from got your bridge flight then moved to the beach open water great place to film from chances of hitting a person next to nothing take off fly from beach line a and out and fly up and down coast with camera pointing to beach and yes I can imagine what would happen if drone dropped out of the air into the water splash and drone loss but I also can imagine if that happened if it fell into that very busy intersection of onto that full balcony of people you over flew another story on CNN FOX news about a drone pilot and why we need more rules Just think about this how many pilots have given there lives not to crash landed there planes to stay away from a population area instead of ejecting fly safe bro I use my quads in tight areas and my planes when I want do what I love most is flying way long distance flights over places in Colorado were my disabled butt can't get to or get to see herds of elk with hundred or more and my favorite bears sorry to bust your chops just want to get back what we had before all the new rules and miss flying were ever I wanted and now just a few friends with large properties to get my fix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers