Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How long an the P3P fly with 4 batteries?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by melbourneTHIRD, Jul 22, 2015.

1. melbourneTHIRD

So obviously the batteries have their life during flight. My question is with 4 batteries and 2 rapid chargers I should technically be able to fly indefinitely, but how long can the drone itself fly before needing a substantial break? There is a few minutes in between switching batteries, but is that enough or does the craft need a certain amount of cool time per flight time?

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

DJI did a 72 hour flight demonstration a while back with some of the bigger drones.
    Your Phantom won't get any hotter on its 10th battery than it was on the first.

3. tvckz

You will fly around 1 hour. Batteries will be hot and you will not be able to charge them until they cool down. I have 4 batteries. I thought the same but real world is different.

#3 tvckz, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  4. melbourneTHIRD

How long does it take for them to cool down?

5. tvckz

Depends on weather conditions. 30 min approximately, could be less could be more. So, if you wanna fly non-stop, get at least 6.