how is dj6 controller 6 channel? isn't zenmuse ch 7?

Reaction score
I am trying to understand radios because I am thinking of upgrading the stock dj6.

I keep reading the the dj6 is 6 channels, but isn't the gimbal lever in the back another channel?

So does this mean I can look at 6 channel radios for the phantom 2 (nonvision) rather than 7 channel radios?

It's effectively a 7-channel, the gimbal control on DJI's Phantom controllers has long been called the "hidden extra channel"

You will need at least 7 channels on any other brand of Tx/Rx you replace it with, if you want to have flight mode and IOC and gimbal tilt control available...whether you do the connection via D-bus/S-bus or traditional channel outputs.

OI Photography said:
It's effectively a 7-channel, the gimbal control on DJI's Phantom controllers has long been called the "hidden extra channel"

You will need at least 7 channels on any other brand of Tx/Rx you replace it with, if you want to have flight mode and IOC and gimbal tilt control available...whether you do the connection via D-bus/S-bus or traditional channel outputs.

thank you for clearing it up, i was thinking a spektrum dx7

helishmeli said:
OI Photography said:

No problem! I'm afraid I don't have any experience with the Spektrum gear, but I know others are using the dx7 with their Phantoms.

OI Photography said:
helishmeli said:
OI Photography said:

No problem! I'm afraid I don't have any experience with the Spektrum gear, but I know others are using the dx7 with their Phantoms.

oh wait i just realized i forgot about gimbal control. how would you control the gimbal on a 7 channel radio? isn't the 7th channel usually a switch, and not a continuous lever like the dj6?

helishmeli said:
isn't the 7th channel usually a switch, and not a continuous lever like the dj6?

That just depends on the controller you get...many will let you assign which switch or knob is out put on each channel, or at least on channels 5, 6 and 7. I would assume the dx7 does as well but I'm not sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr