How I Lost And Found My Phantom 4

Reaction score
The scariest thing that can happen to any drone pilot.
Enjoy and learn from my mistake!

nice save just set rth at 75 meters always will be good

That was awesome Will, another thing to consider, and I am a rookie, so I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong, but the elevation is based on the home-point, so if the terrain is higher or lower once you go flying, you have to adjust for that when setting your RTH elevation.

I would have been crushed if that happened to me.

The closest I've had is that I was watching the drone return to me and my perception was off and it ran into a pine tree about 25 feet up, luckily I was able to get it down with no damage

That was awesome Will, another thing to consider, and I am a rookie, so I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong, but the elevation is based on the home-point, so if the terrain is higher or lower once you go flying, you have to adjust for that when setting your RTH elevation.

I would have been crushed if that happened to me.

The closest I've had is that I was watching the drone return to me and my perception was off and it ran into a pine tree about 25 feet up, luckily I was able to get it down with no damage
You are completely right on the elevation. I wish the Phantom had a barometer to determine real altitude

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj