How High Have You Flown?

Reaction score
Whatever you do, do not honestly answer this question. There tons of Trolls or Government guys just wanting to add you to their list of busted pilots because you exceeded flight restrictions in the US. Back in 2014 I bought a Phantom 2. It can not be programmed with any any kind of flight/height restriction. I bought the Phantom 2 with HD-3D and it used a GoPro camera for recording and came with a Video Screen that fed off the P2. It was a really beautiful piece of equipment and cost me over 2 Grand including the travel case. I still have it and if I want to, can fly as high as I care to go or the battery will allow. So if your looking to go up to 1500 feet or more, then the P2 is your answer because it is not restricted by updates of any kind. There is no height limit. I did exceed the 1500 ft limit in 2014 before all the restrictions came into being but have not done so since then. Have to many National Guard Warthogs flying over at tree top level. Would hate to be the cause of a jets crash because it sucked my drone into it's intake. The P2 will also take off on a airport runway of it not having a takeoff limit. meaning airports. This is why DJI no longer produces them for sale to the public.

Reactions: RW8888
I have a gash on my Phantom from the sea of tranquility scrape episode.. (Moon joke)

If you're flying above 400 feet AGL or exceeding 400 feet above a structure without proper clearance, an exemption, and a radio, you're wrong.
The fewer idiot drone pilots we have to dodge as private pilots, the safer and happier we are.

And for the last 2 years, I thought that the 400' ceiling was a guideline, and not a rule or law.....[emoji848]

Whatever you do, do not honestly answer this question. There tons of Trolls or Government guys just wanting to add you to their list of busted pilots because you exceeded flight restrictions in the US. Back in 2014 I bought a Phantom 2. It can not be programmed with any any kind of flight/height restriction. I bought the Phantom 2 with HD-3D and it used a GoPro camera for recording and came with a Video Screen that fed off the P2. It was a really beautiful piece of equipment and cost me over 2 Grand including the travel case. I still have it and if I want to, can fly as high as I care to go or the battery will allow. So if your looking to go up to 1500 feet or more, then the P2 is your answer because it is not restricted by updates of any kind. There is no height limit. I did exceed the 1500 ft limit in 2014 before all the restrictions came into being but have not done so since then. Have to many National Guard Warthogs flying over at tree top level. Would hate to be the cause of a jets crash because it sucked my drone into it's intake. The P2 will also take off on a airport runway of it not having a takeoff limit. meaning airports. This is why DJI no longer produces them for sale to the public.
How many pilots pilots have actually been busted for anything?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20