How heavy is your phantom?

Reaction score
Whilst the weather is bad I'm kitting out my phantom. What's the max weight it can happily lift?

Mine is a converted Phantom 1 to 1.5 (Using P2 shell) fully loaded with PMU,IOSD mini,Futaba rx, Zenmuse,sinonsays landing gear, and w/P2 battery she weighs in at 1540gs. (As Dewey says "Shes' a Fatty)

EMCSQUAR said:
Mine is a converted Phantom 1 to 1.5 (Using P2 shell) fully loaded with PMU,IOSD mini,Futaba rx, Zenmuse,sinonsays landing gear, and w/P2 battery she weighs in at 1540gs. (As Dewey says "Shes' a Fatty)

I should have been more specific with the heading. I'm more interested in standard setup and how much you can push a standard phantom with no mods. Of course by modification you can increase performance but this isn't intended as a competition thread.

FC40 Pilot said:
EMCSQUAR said:

I should have been more specific with the heading. I'm more interested in standard setup and how much you can push a standard phantom with no mods. Of course by modification you can increase performance but this isn't intended as a competition thread.

If you're talking about pure payload, you're looking at somewhere north of 1450g. At some point, some Phantoms will fail to hold hover with centered sticks above that point, while others (like MC^2's) will keep going strong well past 1500g. There isn't a user-accessible setting to adjust that. A single-2200mah Phantom at 1450g is going to fly around 5 minutes.

If you throw hover and manueverability out the window, absolute max thrust is about 500-600g/axis. so you can (barely) keep 2000-2500g off the ground, but you'll be straining your motors, ESCs and battery.

ElGuano said:
FC40 Pilot said:
EMCSQUAR said:

If you're talking about pure payload, you're looking at somewhere north of 1450g. At some point, some Phantoms will fail to hold hover with centered sticks above that point, while others (like MC^2's) will keep going strong well past 1500g. There isn't a user-accessible setting to adjust that. A single-2200mah Phantom at 1450g is going to fly around 5 minutes.

If you throw hover and manueverability out the window, absolute max thrust is about 500-600g/axis. so you can (barely) keep 2000-2500g off the ground, but you'll be straining your motors, ESCs and battery.

I'm expecting a payload of just over 1200g so sounds like I'll be ok. I'm having a separate 500mah battery to power the fpv tx and may also use this to power the gimbal as well but may use the stock battery for this instead. Just need to see what gives me max flight time . Use everything on the stock battery or share with 500mah battery but with extra 45g weight.

FC40 Pilot said:
I'm expecting a payload of just over 1200g so sounds like I'll be ok. I'm having a separate 500mah battery to power the fpv tx and may also use this to power the gimbal as well but may use the stock battery for this instead. Just need to see what gives me max flight time . Use everything on the stock battery or share with 500mah battery but with extra 45g weight.

Long story short. Use the flight battery for everything if you are concerned about weight and flight time. There is almost no situation where you will get more (or even close to the same) flight time powering peripherals with a separate, smaller battery. The math does not work out on this.

ElGuano said:
FC40 Pilot said:

Long story short. Use the flight battery for everything if you are concerned about weight and flight time. There is almost no situation where you will get more (or even close to the same) flight time powering peripherals with a separate, smaller battery. The math does not work out on this.

Useful tip thanks. The auxiliary lead looks extremely thin/underrated . Will I be able to get away with running both gimbal and tx through this ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub