How Fast Is Your Internet?!

Reaction score
Mine is smoking today! I pay for 60Mbps and was getting over 80 most of the day.

Image1.png

Last edited:
Mine is slow, as I try to my keep my cable bill low.
But we can pay for up to 250mbs from www.shaw.ca when needed.

If I was a gamer, I would speed mine up some.... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Mine is slow, as I try to my keep my cable bill low.
But we can pay for up to 250mbs from www.shaw.ca when needed.

If I was a gamer, I would speed mine up some.... ;-)

RedHotPoker
Life is too short for slow Internet! I'm on cable, and when the nodes fill up in prime time, it will drop to 20Mbps quite often. Usually slowest between 6pm-11pm.

Fast internet? What's that? I live just outside of town (100 yards) and because our neighborhood is new and just outside the "limit" we can't get anything fast. My current speed is (hang on) 756K. Can you believe it's 2016 and 756K is even real?????

Fast internet? What's that? I live just outside of town (100 yards) and because our neighborhood is new and just outside the "limit" we can't get anything fast. My current speed is (hang on) 756K. Can you believe it's 2016 and 756K is even real?????
Yep, that's pretty crazy. I hear some of the third-world crap-holes we make fun of have fiber-optics right to the door!

I have a 5G modem, not sure I will ever utilize its powers and strengths, but it's here, & ready to serve.
One HP Envy Phoenix computer, running my RealFlight & two iPads.
So nothing special, just personal.

RedHotPoker

I guess I view Internet speed like I do because I was around back in the mid-'90's when we were lucky to get a 9600-baud connection. Downloading a 1mb file took over an hour. Trying to "browse the web" on Prodigy was an exercise in futility. It's pretty amazing how fast and how far it has come. We couldn't even dream of these speeds back then!

My first big bad computer is a Pentium 3, 500mhz, 13gb hard drive, and it rocked my world. Hahaha

I added another 500gb drive, just for my address book. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: dpicx68
I'm going to give away my "history" here LOL!

I worked on computers before they had drives (in the sense like they have now). My first "fun" computer was a TRS80 (Radio Shack). Everything was stored on a cassette tape (just like we used for music back in the day). I would "Program" all weekend long writing code and on Sunday hit the RUN and be so happy, pleased, proud when the screen simply scrolled saying:

"Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud

Then I finally moved up to a 286-16 and finally saved up to get a BADA$$ machine a 486-50 with a 100(maybe 110mb) Hard Drive. I remember saying, "This has 100mb of storage. I'll never be able to fill this bad boy up!"

LOL!

Reactions: snerd and dpicx68
On my wireless (AC) I just tested and got 339 Mbs download & 281 Mbs upload on my iPhone 6sPlus. My laptop (wired) is reporting 824 Mbs download & 862 Mbs upload. Google Fiber...:)

Reactions: LamboH and snerd
First computer was an IBM PS2.
It had 2x 3.1/4 720k drives. (No Hardrive)
Used to run Dos 6.1 boot off a disk.

Played all the Sierra games.... Police quest, Space quest, leisure suit Larry.

Each game had about 10 disks, every time you would walk to the edge of the screen, you had to insert the next disk....(good times)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: snerd
I'm going to give away my "history" here LOL!

I worked on computers before they had drives (in the sense like they have now). My first "fun" computer was a TRS80 (Radio Shack). Everything was stored on a cassette tape (just like we used for music back in the day). I would "Program" all weekend long writing code and on Sunday hit the RUN and be so happy, pleased, proud when the screen simply scrolled saying:

"Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud
Allen is a Stud

Then I finally moved up to a 286-16 and finally saved up to get a BADA$$ machine a 486-50 with a 100(maybe 110mb) Hard Drive. I remember saying, "This has 100mb of storage. I'll never be able to fill this bad boy up!"

LOL!

Each game had about 10 disks, every time you would walk to the edge of the screen, you had to insert the next disk....(good times)

Ah man I haven't even thought about Leisure Suit Larry in over a decade LOL! Yes good times indeed.

FIOS here, 500Mbps on OC48 served by GPON card.
On my Macbook wifi so speed isn't nearly as good as a wire. It's usually 550+ both ways. :)

The days of Ken Williams! Spent way too many hours playing LSL. I remember to prove your age you had to answer questions!

Last edited:
Life is too short for slow Internet! I'm on cable, and when the nodes fill up in prime time, it will drop to 20Mbps quite often. Usually slowest between 6pm-11pm.
I agree with you life is too short and your internet is very slow it needs to stay behind at school with me haha

20Mbps cable internet. I am very satisfied, but image this guy with 60Mbps. Why the hell you need that much :D

im paying for 75mbps/down but rarely see 50-60(wifi) big difference from tthe 25mbps/down i previously had for the SAME PRICE..gotta love( i really mean HATE)j comcast
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455563402.341356.jpg

Verizon Fios.
150/150 plan, getting what is promised consistently.

Tested over wifi on macbook pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie