How far will a P3 fly?

Reaction score
Will a Phantom 3 pro fly 3.1 miles? Or will it go at least 1 mile? On the box it says the video will send up to 3.1 miles in ideal conditions.
Anyone flown past the 1600 foot range?

I just watched this last night. It kind of fits your question!! Pretty crazy!

To answer your last question.....Yes! No problem! I'm fairly new and have flown over 1600 ft with no problems! 150 ft up and over real rough terrain. I never actually looked at the distance, but I ran my property lines and in one section way past on accident, I was mixed up and was trying to judge where I was by watching the ground on my screen, being new I had no perception of distance from the air. That line is about 1500 ft.long I was waaaaaaaaay past it! By at least double if not more before I started seeing things that I knew weren't anywhere near me and could possibly cause me a problem because of who owns the land.(I'll leave it at that).That's when I switched to the map screen and followed the line back in a hurry. 1600 ft distance is no problem for these. You can still hear it at that range and see it if it's high enough.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phill2
P3 Pro right out of the box should have no problem doing 1 mile as long as there are no obstructions (trees, hills, etc).

When I bought my first P3P in August 2015 it still had the more powerful radio transmitter in the bird. I was able to get close to 3 mile range under ideal conditions using all stock equipment. But I did buy the FPVLR bi-amp kit shortly after and was able to get out to 4.5 miles with that setup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic