How far do I have to go

Reaction score
I live in the blue area. Of course I don't fly here. I was flying at a few parks with large open fields near Wesley Chapel quite a bit north from me. I was flying at least 100yrds from anyone else when a dad walked over and asked me politely to take it somewhere else. I was with my kids and no one else was in the field we were in. I was just irritated and it ruined my mood so I left. Where can I fly anymore? It's no fun just taking video and pics of empty flat fields. The park I was at had trees, water and is in a pretty area nice and open but apparently just me flying anywhere in his site bothered him. Just crazy and sad

922ca7ca6b5d6eac474e9a5ba014b72e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's just one dad's opinion, don't sweat it. I've flown in parks in Spring Hill and New Port Richey and have had no opposition. Quite the opposite really. Just double check in B4UFly and Airman to be sure you aren't in a restricted location and there aren't any temporary restrictions. Also if you are using a ball field, respect others if they are using part of it.
Towards the end of one flight I recorded a dad and his young kid playing ball. When I was done, I offered them footage which they appreciated.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

On the other hand, me and my friend's son were flying our little symas in a small field next to a supermarket where we sometimes ended in the parking lot and was asked to move as we might damage cars.
We found an even bigger field next to where we were flying at least 100' square. Sometimes still ended in the parking lot but much less often.
Phantoms though are very unlikely to end up where they shouldn't be.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav