How far can the Phantom Vision 2 Vision descend?

Reaction score
In interested in buying a Phantom 2 Vision for recreational use but before i do so i just had a question. How far can it descend from its original position? Example if i launch from a building or from the Grand Canyon.

I shot a vid of a waterfall and went down 100 feet from where I took off from. I think the engines shut down when there is no motion detected. Check youtube for "wingzerothree" to see the waterfall vid

nhoover said:
I think you can go a LONG way but don't know for sure. On Flytrex there is a set of badges called Diver. Here's a P2V that got the Diver 100. Unfortunately you can't search by type by badge. http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... ams-19063/

I tried flying about 70' below my starting point and it is a little weird but not that bad. Would love to get >1000' down!

Wouldn't that be a cool shot if say you were in the middle of a walk bridge and looking over the side with a video camera recording as your P2V was climbing up at full speed and then flew right on past and continued climbing above you. :cool:

Migmon said:
I shot a vid of a waterfall and went down 100 feet from where I took off from. I think the engines shut down when there is no motion detected. Check youtube for "wingzerothree" to see the waterfall vid
What do you mean engines shut down when there's no motion detected? That's a bit disconcerting...

anonymoususer said:
Migmon said:
What do you mean engines shut down when there's no motion detected? That's a bit disconcerting...

waiting for warmer weather then I see! I have a stone cory that is appox 300ft deep and about 1/4 mile square :?:

anonymoususer said:
Migmon said:

If the phantom is sitting on the ground and you put the throttle stick to 0% (all the way down) the motors will power off in about 5 seconds. It's another option to power down besides the CSC command.

actually this raises an question that I was thinking about today. If you have the vision at altitude and try to bring it down very quickly by pinning the descend throttle stick all the way in the down position...is it possible for the engine to shut off in the air. Or does it need to see that it is no longer descending in order to shut down the motor after a few seconds.

If it behaves like other DJI products such as the Wookong M, the motors will only shut down with a CSC or when the computer senses that the craft is no longer descending with the elevator (left stick) pulled all the way down.

I don't see a situation where you'd want to descend "full throttle" anyway, unless it's an emergency. You'll run into issues of "settling with power".

"How far can the Phantom 2 Vision descend?" - All the way to the scene of the crash.
ge8amasy.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub