How far away have you taken off?

Reaction score
I have been considering placing (or have someone else place) the Phantom at some distance and taking off and flying from a distance (50-100 meters), but I don't recall ever seeing anyone do this (and also wonder about the fresnel effect of the ground before takeoff). Has anyone here taken off from a distance similar to this?

I have lifted off from about 40 meters distance in a clearing, had line of site so I could see it clear. I needed to go over some tall trees while standing on the edge to get some pix/video in a river valley. Did the hand grab at the end of the flight. I have about 80 full battery flights and it still blows me away how well this hi-tech toy works

lignow said:
I have lifted off from about 40 meters distance in a clearing, had line of site so I could see it clear. I needed to go over some tall trees while standing on the edge to get some pix/video in a river valley. Did the hand grab at the end of the flight. I have about 80 full battery flights and it still blows me away how well this hi-tech toy works
Thanks lignow. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear and all I need to know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj