How does the advent of the new quad affect the 3rd party apps for the P3?

Reaction score
I use 3rd party apps quite frequently and I wonder how the arrival of the new and improved Phantom will affect the ongoing development of these apps for the Phantom 3? Does anyone have insider info?

Since the P4 still uses DJI GO, I think all we're going to see is new P4-related features added to existing 3rd party apps.

Reactions: Richard Walker
There is a P4 discussion forum now.
And we're talking about the P3 here.

I am wondering the same thing. I think even more people will buy P3's with the price drop and the consensus that the P4 isn't mind blowing. I'm hopeful nothing will change on the development end.

it's the same SDK, so devs will simply update their app to include support for the new P4 sensors/modes. Everything else will remain backward compatible. ie, there will be 1 Litchi app that supports both birds. (that'd be the smart way to do it, anyway, if nothing more than to minimize code maintenance).

And we're talking about the P3 here.

I am wondering the same thing. I think even more people will buy P3's with the price drop and the consensus that the P4 isn't mind blowing. I'm hopeful nothing will change on the development end.
If you say so. LMAO

This is a P3 discussion. Nowhere did I even mention the Pfour. :rolleyes:

:p
The other guy did. I was letting him know there's a place for that now. We don't need to hear about it in here.
And to be completely accurate, you didn't mention it by name, but your title and your reference to the new and improved drone? I think you know what I mean.

Last edited:
The other guy did. I was letting him know there's a place for that now. We don't need to hear about it in here.
The other guy... as in me? I'm talking about Phantom 3 apps. It seems you're the only one talking about the P4.

The title says "for the p3" what's confusing about this exactly?

I hope they don't drop support just yet. Curious to know how new apps would deal with the obstacle sensors etc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic