How do you use litchi with the phantom 4?

Hi everyone. I have the Phantom 4 and have just tried to use the Litchi App, but with no luck. Once I am hovering at approximately 2m off the ground, I close the DJI app and start the litchi app, tried to upload the route and then pressed the start button on the Litchi App. It starts to load up, but at about 70%, it cuts off and tells me that the drone altitude is too high?? I have tried the same procedure but without first taking off, but still get the same message!? Has anyone got any ideas please?

Reactions: AlPurvis2
Hi everyone. I have the Phantom 4 and have just tried to use the Litchi App, but with no luck. Once I am hovering at approximately 2m off the ground, I close the DJI app and start the litchi app, tried to upload the route and then pressed the start button on the Litchi App. It starts to load up, but at about 70%, it cuts off and tells me that the drone altitude is too high?? I have tried the same procedure but without first taking off, but still get the same message!? Has anyone got any ideas please?

Without seeing the flight that you are trying to upload it is hard to say what is happening. Have you checked the altitude of all the waypoints?

In any case, you should close the DJI app once you have confirmed all the appropriate settings, and take off manually with Litchi connected to the aircraft, then start the automated flight.

Reactions: AlPurvis2
Thanks for the reply. I managed to work out what the problem was. At one of my waypoints the height was set too high!!(Doh!!!)
It's all working fine now. What a wicked app!

Just another quick question though. If at waypoint 1 I have my height set at say 50ft and at waypoint 2 it's 70ft, does the drone gradually rise to 70ft between the two waypoints, or does it raise to 70ft only once it reaches waypoint 2?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry for asking so many questions, but that I suppose is part of being a newbie [emoji23]
If I was on the roof of a 100m building and set my height for 30m, would my drone drop down to 30m above street level or would it rise up to 130m above street level? In other words, wherever my drone takes off from, is that, to the drone, always "ground level"?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but that I suppose is part of being a newbie [emoji23]
If I was on the roof of a 100m building and set my height for 30m, would my drone drop down to 30m above street level or would it rise up to 130m above street level? In other words, wherever my drone takes off from, is that, to the drone, always "ground level"?

It would rise to 130m above Street level i.e 30m higher than take off altitude, if you took off from a 100m building and wanted to be 30m above Street level you would set a waypoint for -70m. A little tip depending on your platform you don't have to start in DJI GO you can just start in Litchi.

Thanks guys, without forums, we know "nothing"[emoji106][emoji23]

It raises smoothly between the 2 points
But what if the ground elevation is different between the the first waypoint and the second? I.e if WP1 is set at 150' with a ground elevation of say 300' and WP 2 is also set at 150' but with a ground elevation of 400', will the aircraft only be at 50' at WP 2, or will Litchi ALWAYS maintain the aircrafts height set in the waypoint above whatever the ground elevation is?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

But what if the ground elevation is different between the the first waypoint and the second? I.e if WP1 is set at 150' with a ground elevation of say 300' and WP 2 is also set at 150' but with a ground elevation of 400', will the aircraft only be at 50' at WP 2, or will Litchi ALWAYS maintain the aircrafts height set in the waypoint above whatever the ground elevation is?

Litchi has no knowledge of the ground elevation, and nor does the aircraft. All elevations are relative to the takeoff point.

Reactions: ArZombie
I remember reading somewhere that Litchi (or was it on autopilot?) that the altitude will be adjusted taking in consideration the ground level (AGL).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4