How do you update to be able to use a Professional camera on a a Phantom 3 4k?

Having major issues getting my phone to connect to the Wi-Fi.
The P3P gimbal/camera is not compatible with the P3-4K.

Reactions: JoBe
Thank you. I guess I got ripped off. Anyone want to buy a P3P camera?

Yes sorry you were sold something you cannot use. The Phantom 3 4K and Phantom 3 Professional use different circuitry and thus why there is the price difference. The camera and gimbal assembly are different and not interchangeable. How much did you pay for it?

Reactions: JoBe
I'll have to look to be certain, but a little over $200 I believe.

That's an expensive lesson. Would have been good if it was the right camera. You could look into picking up the P3P air-frame now and attaching the camera to it. Can you be sure that Pro camera and gimbal work though?

Yes, I could do that, but it was a gift from my son. I really like the drone and don't need anything fancier than what I've got. I guess I'll just see if I can find a 4k camera somewhere since I obviously don't know what I'm doing.

Well then please ask the group here first when you find one!

Reactions: twyost
If the wifi connection issue you are having is between your phone/tablet and the controller replacing the camera won’t bring you any joy.

Really hard to tell, and it seems you have multiple issues. Did the phone ever connect with the remote? Have you tried a different phone or tablet?

The phone is new since the last time I've connected. There used to be only one DJIGo app, and now there are two.

For a Phantom 3 series you need the original DJI Go. Not the the DJI Go 4.

Before you get to the app though, you need to connect the phone to the controller via WiFi. Have you done that? Does the controller show up as a WiFi network on the phone? That step must come even before the DJI Go app.

Yes, it does show up, but doesn't connect. Shows 3-4 bars, but flashes briefly that it's a weak signal. Then the message goes away, but it still won't connect.

It should connect and tell you it's Connected with No Internet. I would try a different phone and if no phone will connect then I would suspect there is something wrong with the controller.

I did have my son try his phone a couple of weeks ago. It didn't work either. So I guess it'll be the controller then.

Sorry to hear that. Between that and the camera, I think it may be time to move on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub