How Do You Think People Feel About Consumer Drones

Reaction score
I just purchased a my first drone. I have a 12 year old son and we love it. However, I am hearing a fair amount of skepticism when I talk about flying to other folks. The thing that comes up the most is "privacy invasion". Some folks think flying is cool but to be honest the sentiment is a hearing is not really a positive one. I am a photographer/videographer. I plan on incorporating the drone captured images into my business. I am just kind of curious what kind of feedback other folks are hearing.

Will T
Phantom 3 Advanced

Stick to the FAA guidelines (and common sense) and you can't be faulted for any of the common complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

just try to fly where people don't know where you're flying and you can film anything you want. one thing i do is take off from one spot, and then drive to where i want to film while controlling the drone from inside the car. i get the footage still inside the car so nobody knows who's flying it, then i fly and drive away and land somewhere else. that way you are totally undetected and can film whatever you want, wherever you want.

I just purchased a my first drone. I have a 12 year old son and we love it. However, I am hearing a fair amount of skepticism when I talk about flying to other folks. The thing that comes up the most is "privacy invasion". Some folks think flying is cool but to be honest the sentiment is a hearing is not really a positive one. I am a photographer/videographer. I plan on incorporating the drone captured images into my business. I am just kind of curious what kind of feedback other folks are hearing.

Will T
Phantom 3 Advanced
I started a thread, and even if you can't show that the info about this, you can tell them about it.

This has been around for decades (home made giga-pixel cameras) and it completely invalidates the whole privacy issue. You can't see anything from a UAS. You can see about as much as you can see from an airplane and even if you are stupid enough to go snooping in someone's backyard, you have more of a chance of crashing than you do of actually seeing something that like a peeping tom would enjoy I guess.

Show this to the next person that says the P4 or drones have "killed privacy"!

My whole thing is.......I was really surprised by the number of negative reactions. It seems there are a fair number of folks out there who really believe their personal space is about to be completely invaded. However, when I flew it on the beach, there were quite a few folks who thought it was really neat. Mostly folks 25 and younger. There seem to be 2 schools of thought when it comes to drones. 1. It is totally friggin awesome or 2. This is a sign of the coming apocalypse.

Reactions: cfd701
You will always draw a crowd especially younger people. But older folks that are not familiar with the hobby will really take a disliking to them. Mostly because of all the news reports. I had one neighbor tell me that another neighbor in on hood called him and said " I think there's a drone flying around here " luckily the guy he called really likes them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My whole thing is.......I was really surprised by the number of negative reactions. It seems there are a fair number of folks out there who really believe their personal space is about to be completely invaded. However, when I flew it on the beach, there were quite a few folks who thought it was really neat. Mostly folks 25 and younger. There seem to be 2 schools of thought when it comes to drones. 1. It is totally friggin awesome or 2. This is a sign of the coming apocalypse.
Hahaha! The two schools of thought are barely hyperbole. So true.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20