How do you power the BYU?

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I got my rig yesterday and had my first (non event) flight. It was a real thrill. Part of my kit included the GS. DLSRPros has installed everything in the ship and I have the ground end. I connected the antenna and connected the BTU plug to the 2.4G data link. But I have no power supply. I guess it does not come with one. So, what do you use and how do you supply the voltage to this unit?
Thanks in advance,
Phil H

You should have received an unsoldered round plug that plugs into the Datalink. You can use anywhere from a 3s-6s battery to power the datalink. I use a 3s battery from a Phantom 1 and through three Phantom 2 battery packs (each about 15 minutes) and the voltage to the datalink rarely drops below 11.8. It really doesn't consume too much power.

Phantom2Captain said:
At the advise of another member, I purchased a small portable power supply. I used it for the first time yesterday and it worked great. It's small and fits in my Phantom 2 case with no problem. Here is the one I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower%C2%AE-Ex ... s=ravpower
Thanks. I ordered this unit and it should arrive Monday. So, where does it plug in to this unit? I only see USB ports. I have bare wires on the end of the barrel connector that came with the BTU device.
Thanks,
Phil H

Phil H said:
Phantom2Captain said:
At the advise of another member, I purchased a small portable power supply. I used it for the first time yesterday and it worked great. It's small and fits in my Phantom 2 case with no problem. Here is the one I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower%C2%AE-Ex ... s=ravpower
Thanks. I ordered this unit and it should arrive Monday. So, where does it plug in to this unit? I only see USB ports. I have bare wires on the end of the barrel connector that came with the BTU device.
Thanks,
Phil H

You will not use the barrel connecter. You use the USB cable that came in your datallink package. Instead of plugging the USB into a laptop for power you just use the portable power supply instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers