How do you hold your joysticks?

Reaction score
I see a lot of videos where people hold the joysticks between their thumb and index fingers.

I guess its the video gamer in me, but I just use my thumbs. Am I the odd man out?

I use the pinch method, but I've run into more people (at least with Phantoms) who just use their thumbs...and the whole RC community has been split on that preference for some time. No method is wrong, you just need to practice with both to know which will work best for your own two hands :)

dragonash said:
I see a lot of videos where people hold the joysticks between their thumb and index fingers.

I guess its the video gamer in me, but I just use my thumbs. Am I the odd man out?

I couldn't answer this without picking up my controller. :D I use just my thumbs, apparently... :)

-slinger

gunslinger said:
dragonash said:

I couldn't answer this without picking up my controller. :D I use just my thumbs, apparently... :)

-slinger

Exactly the same as slinger, I had to pick up my controller to know that I just use my thumbs.

Depends on the situation but I have used both methods. Mostly thumbing it. :)
(neck strap used)

Yeah I just use my thumbs too. I'm assuming using the pinch method require have the controller sitting on something or strapped around your neck? I just hold mine so thumbs is the only option for me. I think I'd still rather fly with my thumbs though, I feel more confident doing that.

My personal, completely unscientific guess is that Phantom owners will be skew slightly towards PS/XBox thumb-style controls, while the "old skool" RC crowd will be relatively more "pinch-centric" (but not by a huge margin).

I've found that for me, the pinch offers more precise, quicker response, but it feels alien and less comfortable than the thumbs-only control I'm used to. And there are guys like Tareq Al Saadi who prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that being all thumbs doesn't mean you're all thumbs:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgECnfhJlTI[/youtube]

The pinch reminds me of a game I used to play with an ex-girlfriend
"Tune in Tokyo"

yeah, take a guess what was getting pinched :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj